Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2020, 01:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Obsolete King Dome HELP !!!!

Ok so I bought a 2009 Winnie Journey 39Z it had a King Dome and they removed it because of height restrirction in their garage. So my questions are this?

I have a new Dish Network Wally and PlayMaker Auto Dish never used. I looks smaller than the King Dome. Is there a mounting bracket kit to mount it in a King Dome loacation?

The King Dome had a controller mounted on the coach wall 9762LP is the number. Is that trhen abandon? Is there a direct replacement for the King Doom that I can use the same wiring?

Next if I went with like a Wineguard T-4 Roadtrip do I use the same cables that were going to the King Dome

I'm sure someone has come across some solutions to upgtading satelite dishes. Any suggestion woould be greatly appreciated. Alos any good wifi boosters out there ?

Thank you in advance
HollywoodGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 03:04 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Simply get a new satellite dish. New systems run power and control through just the coax cable. So buy a new system and use the old coax and you will be done.
skitime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 05:29 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitime View Post
Simply get a new satellite dish. New systems run power and control through just the coax cable. So buy a new system and use the old coax and you will be done.
Think your right just have to see how to mount it and I think it has another coax up there and some other wires wrapped in electrical tape
If we had kids or were using it to take people with us then the sat in motion might be worth it. My wife would never watch TV moving
Old 11-16-2020, 12:38 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollywoodGT View Post
Think your right just have to see how to mount it and I think it has another coax up there and some other wires wrapped in electrical tape
If we had kids or were using it to take people with us then the sat in motion might be worth it. My wife would never watch TV moving
I always had a in-motion system. I enjoy listening to news while I drive. Another use for the in-motion system is being able to know if your campground parking spot is able to get the satellites. Often moving a few feet forward or backward is all that is needed to get the satellites.
skitime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 08:28 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitime View Post
I always had a in-motion system. I enjoy listening to news while I drive. Another use for the in-motion system is being able to know if your campground parking spot is able to get the satellites. Often moving a few feet forward or backward is all that is needed to get the satellites.
Thank you for your reply and information