Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-15-2007, 02:42 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ed/Full-time:
There has to be a switch box! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I checked the TV coax wiring diagram on Winnebago's website. The switch box is an option on this Sightseer model. So he may not have a switch box.

I suggest Richard 34A download and print the TV coax wiring diagram from Winnebago's website.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:44 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

If I read the schematic correctly, I see that if the original owner had a Sat Receiver hooked up the Cable and Sat input ran through the Sat receiver so the choice of Cable or Sat must have been made through the Sat Receiver. I think Richard said there is no longer a Sat Receiver in the Coach so maybe that is why he can not get any Cable channels.
Just a thought.
Frank O.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:28 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

I read through all the posts and didn't see this mentioned.
You do have the Winegard amplifier switch on the Winegard wallplate switched to "OFF" don't you?

If so maybe there is a problem with it.
It acts as an electronic A/B switch, switching the TV set from the roof TV antenna to the park cable when it's turned off.

If you have signals present when the park cable is disconnected the signals must be coming from somewhere and the rooftop antenna is one obvious place. Perhaps it isn't being switched off and the park cable switched on.

One way to check is as follows: On my Sightseer, the plate on the back of the cabinet above the driver has two coax connectors. As I recall, one is labeled "Sat dish" or something similar and the other "TV".
The one labeled "Sat" is the cable Winnebago puts in for the rooftop dish.
The one labeled "TV" goes to the park cable input in the service bay.

There is a piece of coax coming from behind the TV set that is supposed to be connected to the connector labeled "TV". That coax comes from the back of the Winegard wallplate on the right side of the compartment above the passenger.

If you take the wallplate out you can see three connectors. If you hold the wallplate with the cables going down, the one on the right goes to the TV set (through a splitter). The one in the middle goes to the park cable input (via the plate in the compartment above the driver). The one on the left to the rooftop batwing antenna.

If you use an inline connector to connect the cable on the right to the one in the middle you will eliminate the Winegard A/B switch and the TV set should be connected to the park cable input. That should eliminate the Winegard switch amplifier as the problem.

If the TV set still doesn't get all the channels then it would seem that there could be a coax problem or bad connection between the Winegard amplifier/switch and the park cable connector in the service bay.

If this isn't clear, send me a PM if you want and maybe I can clear it up with a better explanation.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:01 AM   #24

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by teeman:
Cbeier is right. I have a 2004 sightseer and in the overhead compartment above the passenger there is a antenna booster switch pushbutton its hard to see its part of the wall socket/12 volt socket plate. I had that problem too, all fix now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow! Thanks to everyone for all the replies! teeman, Ed/Full-time and Clay L were right on the money. There is a switch, just not the type I was looking for and certainly not that noticeable. I was looking for a typical switch box with three or four push buttons and with the VCR/DVD player mounted fairly close to the right side of the overhaead compartment, I never noticed it.

I decided to pull out the VCR/DVD player and as I did, I immediately saw a 12v / cable antenna output mounted on the right side, inside panal, along with a really small push-button. Pushed the button: problem solved!

Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote