Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2018, 11:24 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Unhappy Newby Winnebago owner needs tech help

Hello,
I am new to the RV life and have made a big mistake with my 2016 Winnebago Vista HE:
I caught the TV antenna on a low clearance entry and ripped it off. Yeah I forgot that the rig is over 12 feet tall.
I have since put a new antenna head on the roof mounted base, but I am unable to figure out how to get the wall mounted TV off the wall so I can re string the antenna cable back to the antenna from the TV.
The 32 inch TV is mounted solidly very close to the wall.
I have a little experience with wall mounts in houses, but none in an RV where everything is so close to the wall.
I assume there is are locking screws somewhere on the bottom of the mount to keep the TV from jumping up and off the wall, but I am unable to find them.

If anyone can give direction it will be much appreciated.
Short55w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 07:54 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

If your Vista is like mine - If you get on a small step ladder you will see a metal plate at the top of TV that has a row of screws across it. That plate is attached to the back of the TV and is held to another metal bracket screwed to the all behind the TV. If you remove those screws the TV can be raised upward and it will release from the metal wall bracket. Be ready to hold the TV against the wall after you remove all the screws or it will tip forward. Be ready to carry the weight once you get the two brackets separated. Be ready with a table or helper as you can't lower the TV all the way to the floor until you get the cables disconnected. On some TVs the power cord plug is not accessible behind the TV and in that case you may HAVE to have the table ready to sit the TV on as the power cord won't allow the TV to go all the way to the floor.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 08:20 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you so much! I will get my helper on site and give it a try.
Old 04-03-2018, 04:57 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Not sure where you are in your process but wanted to share a little advice. The mounting bracket is secured to the wall which is plywood. Once you remove the screws the integrity of the hole may be compromised and reinstalling with the same screw will not be as secure. It may be better to use a 't-nut' installed from the back side and a machine screw from the front with a little loctite blue.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:01 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you kind sir.
Actually have not been able to do anything other than shovel more snow here in Minnesota.
Really had been hoping to get out there but Mother Nature said no way.
I will use your information to my advantage when I get out there. Thank you again
Old 04-03-2018, 06:28 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I asked the service tech at General RV how to remove the TV from the wall in my 2016 26he Vista. He couldn't figure it out. I would be interested in this knowledge if someone figures it out!
Terry in Kalamazoo
Dentkimterry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago