Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2022, 06:17 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Newbie tv & audio help Minnie Winnie 31G

So we purchased a 2016 Minnie Winnie 31G and have no clue how to run any of the tvs. The main tv is over the dinette and across from that over the sofa is the DVD player. We also have the outdoor tv. We cannot figure out which tv the dvd is hooked up to, neither tv displays it, we have tried all input options. Also are there back speakers for the front radio so passengers can hear the radio as well when traveling? I thought I was electronic savvy but apparently not.
Redkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 08:53 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Sounds like severaldifferent problems which can be mind boggling, so I suggest picking one specific item to work first and as you go along, some of the others may become clear to you.
I might go with getting one TV set to work as that is something many more of us have dealt with at home.
So you know about scanning for stations and changing the input on the menu on the TV?
You know about rotating the antenna to point toward the towers?
The manual will have the best info on how to set the amp best.

I would look at doing the more simple item of getting the over the air working first.
As a start on where and what you might find this is the link to how the many different layouts are laid in on building:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File.../000177027.pdf

Notice the colors for the different coax on the drawing as those let you spot tape on the coax to ID where that one is expected to go!

If you assume that it is basicly the same as built ( not always true!) look to find which section matches the options on your specific RV and use that section as a guide to look at the coax from end antenna to the first TV.
One of the big hangups most have on OTA using the antenna is finding the switch to power the amp in the antenna. A check of your owners manual may help find it but it is often a tiny switch set into the faceplate of a coax connection.
This connection is often some place hidden like the compartment over the passengers seat. WARNING! This is a switch that is super easy to miss and find the plate but not see the switch as it is small and hides behind the coax!

Once you spot which setup you are likely to have, finding those parts may be the next big step and Winnebago does a pretty good job of helping as they have online interactive parts drawings here:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

For the TV coax for your RV here:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/2016/194677.htm

It akes a bit to learn how to Drive this but clicking on a part in the list at right gives you that part in yellow on the drawing!
Or in reverse, if you spot a part and want to know what it is, click it on the drawing to highlight it on the list!
This will let you know where to find things like splitters where coax might be left loose??

See if that gets some help and shout back if not getting there!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hdmi.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	183423  
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 09:03 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

You can find the TV wiring diagrams at this link:

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File..._331g_wire.htm

A word of caution however - it seems like previous owners like to fiddle around with TV/DVD connections. Then they don't leave any documentation on what they did. So who knows if yours has been changed or not. If the wiring hasn't been changed, the DVD player connects via HDMI to the main TV, bedroom TV, and (if you have them) the bunk TVs and outdoor TV.

Also, I did not see any back speakers only two outside speakers but I may have missed them in the drawings.
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 12:33 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you so much! We did realize someone replaced our faceplate for the coax and there is no switch to turn on antenna and are stumped.
Redkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 01:21 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

The drawings show the switch to turn on your antenna is mounted on the bottom of the cabinet that is on the wall just to the left of your main door. There is a regular 12V switch and two puck lights on the bottom of that cabinet. The antenna switch is a tiny push button on the plate near the regular 12V switch. When the antenna amplifier is on, a very small green light will be on. The plate also has a coax connector on it. You push that button to use the over the air antenna on the roof. If you are connected to campground cable, then that button should be off.
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie, audio