Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

We are going on 18 months with many of our 65 problems now unresolved for more than a year, some at 16 months. This is our first ever RV and we bought ours new because we couldn't find a used one that met our needs and didn't smell. Winnebago had a great reputation for quality, so we dove in.

So, is it the builder or the dealer? One might argue that if built right to begin with, the dealer wouldn't have to have the time and skill to fix it. On the other hand, one might argue that it's not the problems but how the problems are handled that truly matters. We think it's both. 65 problems are just too many, but having a dealer that simply didn't have the time or make the time to perform quality warranty repairs makes it a nightmare. We were told by Winnebago that our dealers service department has set a priority of delivering new coaches first and repairing previously sold coaches second. Well, based on this experience, we will most likely never buy another RV, from them or anyone else. Hope their business plan is based on a one time only customers base.

Our coach is at the shop as we write this, (it's second home) and since we got Winnebago involved with the dealer to get our coach finally fixed, we have been promised a completely repaired coach on Friday. We aren't holding our breath, but hope to be pleasantly surprised.
ChileRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDALLSAILS View Post
Go to this site and read the problems they had with their NEW 2014, $400,000 MH from Winnebago. Take it back to the dealer and give him a itemized list of problems. they fix it or take it back. You may need to seek an attorney
I read the story you talk about. It was quite something. Can't believe Winnebago or any manufacturer treating a customer like they were.
But, I can't remember where to find it and you did not post a link.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #23
Winnebago Watcher

If not having the TV hooked up correctly and missing some hardware that may not have been part of the "package" are your biggest issues, I would be happy and celebrating. Many horror stories about being stranded with REAL issues..... Be glad you're not one of those!!
road dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:38 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

We purchased our 35F new in 2011 and had the same troubles with our dealer. There was virtually no PDI done and after almost a year of running back and forth to him to have the same problems fixed again and again I just started fixing stuff myself. At least I know it's done right. This is our 6th motorhome, 4 of them Winnebagos, and it is, by far, the worst of the bunch. I sincerely hope that yours is built better than this piece of junk I have but from what I see on these forums that is unlikely to be the case.
TerryJ is offline   Reply With Quote