Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2011, 08:02 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

CJ7ole,
Thanks for the pic and info. That looks like it will work. Our tv is not on a swing arm but on a tilting slider. Which is installed oin a flat faceboard. with just 2 smaller opening for wires and electric plug. I not sure were you put/hide the strap while parked. We will be staying in our coach for a few months at a time.
sniggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

I put a strap from one screw to the other where the mount meets the TV on the back. From there I used a bungee cord to the front of the plastic base vent holes that I can access by the windshield. You can't see anything and my TV is solid. I didn't want to put anything across the front of my TV's as I felt it would chaff even the black frame around the screen with normal driving vibration. After spending that much money on a 37"1080P TV. I like mine to look new for a while. If anyone is interested in seeing my tie back setup, send me an email and I'll take some photos to send.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:37 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
I put a strap from one screw to the other where the mount meets the TV on the back. From there I used a bungee cord to the front of the plastic base vent holes that I can access by the windshield. You can't see anything and my TV is solid. I didn't want to put anything across the front of my TV's as I felt it would chaff even the black frame around the screen with normal driving vibration. After spending that much money on a 37"1080P TV. I like mine to look new for a while. If anyone is interested in seeing my tie back setup, send me an email and I'll take some photos to send.
Sounds like you tv is on a swing arm.
Ours is on a slider which goes from right to left. It won't swing out as that is not how the mount works. the mount part that is attached to the tv locks on to the slider bracket that is mounted on the wall.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:18 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Yes ours is a swing arm as our TV is 37" and needs to move each way for access to the cabinets on either side. I was going to opt for the simple tilt model with the ability to slide either way but didn't like the "grinding" sound it made metal against metal. If the concern is sliding around while driving on the tilt model, a simple fix would be to take a piece of garden hose for each side of un-used slide area, cut a slot in it and fit it over the top rail of the mount. It would act as a spacer and keep the TV in place.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:24 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Yes ours is a swing arm as our TV is 37" and needs to move each way for access to the cabinets on either side. I was going to opt for the simple tilt model with the ability to slide either way but didn't like the "grinding" sound it made metal against metal. If the concern is sliding around while driving on the tilt model, a simple fix would be to take a piece of garden hose for each side of un-used slide area, cut a slot in it and fit it over the top rail of the mount. It would act as a spacer and keep the TV in place.
That sounds like it would work. I don't know how much it will actually move while traveling we haven't had our coach out since the tv installs.

the one in the bedroom is in a cabinet on a swing arm. I
The cabinet has door so I need to strap that one or something. Don't want it floping around inside the cabinet. Cabinet is on the back wall. I know we have air suspension but it will still move around.
sniggles
Old 04-27-2011, 06:39 PM   #26
Winnebago Watcher

We have a 2001 Allegro Tiffin that has old style TV with a wood frame. The TV is larger then the wood frame and does not slide out. How do we remove the wood frame?
Jeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:30 AM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeane View Post
We have a 2001 Allegro Tiffin that has old style TV with a wood frame. The TV is larger then the wood frame and does not slide out. How do we remove the wood frame?
Our 2000 Allegro was the same.
I had are 4 wood button type plugs on the front of thr frame. These are screw covers that they glue in place. Very easy to remove just pry out. Under that are screws remove them and the front wood frame comes off.
From that point the tv unusally is held down with either a safety strip or bar. unscrew and remove. Be very careful the big tube tv is much heavier that than a LCD.

Good luck
sniggles