Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-13-2022, 07:51 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Need Help 2021 Travato Tom Tom GPS?

I purchased the Travato used. I have no documentation for the GPS Tom Tom.
I on a trip currently, and I am unable to enter a new destination via search. It keeps referring me to points of interest near my last entry.

I am looking for a way to clear it.
rphsbusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 07:50 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Since different GPS have far different methods, I would start with looking online for the manual for that specific Tom Tom. I use Garmin and find that even staying in the same brand requires a different set of methods when getting a new one.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 07:24 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I had 2 Travatos and in my humble opinion that small screen TomTom was the pits! I bought the Garmin RV one and used that. When we bought them both new, they did not come with an instruction booklet or a Quick Reference guide. There is help available online, but that gets to be a pain.
Raxel7851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 08:27 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxel7851 View Post
I had 2 Travatos and in my humble opinion that small screen TomTom was the pits! I bought the Garmin RV one and used that. When we bought them both new, they did not come with an instruction booklet or a Quick Reference guide. There is help available online, but that gets to be a pain.
I have to fully agree with the idea of going online for info. Like I just paid several hundred dollars and they can't afford to add six pages of paper instructions?
Too many customers and not enough good competition. I'm now trying to work my way through forums to get info on my Garmin Drive Smart 65 as the books online do not tell me how to do what's needed to change/update the posted speeds as traffic and speed limits change.
The speeds on the screen are from when there was construction about three years ago!

My current experience has me wondering if Garmin still intends to stay in business?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 04:28 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

For years, in the past, we used Garmin GPS until we discovered Google maps! Google maps continuously update as we sleep. Google maps shows your speed and will warn you when you are speeding. It even announces "SPEED TRAPS AHEAD". It shows traffic and accidents and automatically redirects you the the fastest route to your destination. Google maps is also world-wide. You can plug in a location on the other side of the world and zoom in with landscape mode and see what a city looks like that you have never been to. There's so much more you can do that I can't think of right now. And, the best part, it's free. Go Google maps. Try it, you WILL like it. Larry, 2014 Reyo P.
ldfeat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
need help, gps