Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-30-2022, 09:17 AM   #1
foo
Winnebago Camper

Mobileye camera won’t stick

Anybody here know the best adhesive to use for a mobileye camera (the sensor thingy on the windshield)? Ours won’t stay on. The previous owners tried to fix it with double-sided gorilla tape, but it keeps pulling away, which messes with the calibration, making it beep like crazy.
foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 10:45 AM   #2
Site Team

First off... welcome. And as a followup - could you please remember to include the year, model and floorplan designation of your RV. It's difficult to help solve issues without that info.

Now, on to your question about Mobileye:

Isn't "Mobileye" a product that your previous owners bought and added to your RV? Never heard of one of these on a Winnebago product - certainly not from the factory.

Perhaps it would be helpful to contact Mobileye and ask them about what to use for their product.

https://www.mobileye.com/support/
Old 10-30-2022, 06:18 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I know NOTHING about Mobileye but for a GPS mount that would not stick, I found mounting it to a bean bag with super glue worked really well! I'm not a fan of suction cup mounts!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 06:34 PM   #4
foo
Winnebago Camper

creativepart: ah, sorry - still learning the forum etiquette. We have a 2018 View 24v (first half of that year, based on the serial). A Mobileye 5 system came factory installed; it’s what you got on that model when you chose the collision detection upgrade option. I believe Winnebago actually ordered these pre-installed from Mercedes, and it comes wired and programmed directly into the infotainment system.

Morich: that’s a great idea for the other bits I have floating around the dash, but this is (or was) glued to the windshield, right up under where a rear view mirror would go. I’m hoping to stick it exactly where the old adhesive marks are, because they’re calibrated at the factory for that position. As it is now, when the gorilla tape sags, the whole system thinks the coach is 1-2 feet farther to the left than it actually is, and beeps at me that I’m drifting left of center.

I’m really hoping to do this myself. Lord only knows what a Mercedes dealer would charge me for some super glue and the privilege of plugging it into whatever computer does the re-calibration.
Old 10-30-2022, 09:34 PM   #5
Site Team

Oh, I see it’s a Mercedes option. If no one responds here, you might try asking on the Sprinter Forum. Lots of specific Sprinter knowledge there.

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/index.php
Old 12-14-2022, 06:51 PM   #6
foo
Winnebago Camper

The helpful folks over at Sprinter Source suggested that I reach out to Mobileye. Surprisingly, they responded, asked for some details, and said they'd send me the proper adhesive. Hopefully that fixes our wagon.

Tags
camera