Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2020, 09:44 AM   #1
2020 2108FBS

Leveling Pads

Does anyone have any experience with Camco or Lynx leveling pads. I am considering purchasing a set. Right now I am leaning toward purchasing the lynx because of the accessories they offer. The wheel chocks and blocks caps. Would appreciate any advise before I purchase.
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 11:57 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
Does anyone have any experience with Camco or Lynx leveling pads. I am considering purchasing a set. Right now I am leaning toward purchasing the lynx because of the accessories they offer. The wheel chocks and blocks caps. Would appreciate any advise before I purchase.
We use Camco leveling blocks with our Winnebago Fuse, and I have been quite happy with them. Because our Fuse is a dually I bought the dually blocks and use them for both the front and rear tires when we need to level the RV.

After almost 2 years usage we have one slightly deformed block due to the rocky area where it was used, and a couple that show rough edges, but I can and do still use all of them as necessary. If I had to buy more blocks I would not hesitate to buy the same stuff.

One additional comment. We first bought some leveling blocks from CampingWorld and those fell apart very quickly. I would stay away from them. I got the Camco at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 12:46 PM   #3
2020 2108FBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMike View Post
We use Camco leveling blocks with our Winnebago Fuse, and I have been quite happy with them. Because our Fuse is a dually I bought the dually blocks and use them for both the front and rear tires when we need to level the RV.

After almost 2 years usage we have one slightly deformed block due to the rocky area where it was used, and a couple that show rough edges, but I can and do still use all of them as necessary. If I had to buy more blocks I would not hesitate to buy the same stuff.

One additional comment. We first bought some leveling blocks from CampingWorld and those fell apart very quickly. I would stay away from them. I got the Camco at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Do you remember what brand you bought from Camping World? I know they sell the Camco. Right now Amazon has a several week wait on delivery of the Camco.
Old 08-21-2020, 12:57 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Do you remember what brand you bought from Camping World? I know they sell the Camco. Right now Amazon has a several week wait on delivery of the Camco.
I gave them away so I can not be sure but the case that they came in looked exactly like this, although I do not know if the Trailer Life name was on it.

https://www.campingworld.com/rv-leve...veling-systems

They may have been Trailer Life as in the link, or they may have been the same blocks with a different brand name. I just can not be sure. But I would not buy them again. I suspect that the RV was just too heavy for them and so they just deformed quickly. The Camco I got from Amazon have not had this problem.
Old 08-22-2020, 11:40 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

do you want to drive on or are these for levelers? I have had the plastic ones and they work ok to drive on but are not real durable. I use 2x8 fastened to 1/2" plywood wide enough for rear duals and 2x8 for front tires. The combos are also used for the leveling jacks. These do not take up much more room than the plastic ones do.
hank857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 12:12 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank857 View Post
do you want to drive on or are these for levelers? I have had the plastic ones and they work ok to drive on but are not real durable. I use 2x8 fastened to 1/2" plywood wide enough for rear duals and 2x8 for front tires. The combos are also used for the leveling jacks. These do not take up much more room than the plastic ones do.
The reply I gave about the Camco blocks was for driving on them. I have occasionally used them with the RV stabilizers when they will not drop far enough to provide for RV stabilization but they are almost always used for driving on. My RV does not have an automatic leveling system.
Old 08-22-2020, 01:12 PM   #7
2020 2108FBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank857 View Post
I want to drive or pull my tandem axle TT on them. May also use them under the stabilizing jacks.
Old 08-22-2020, 01:42 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
I want to drive or pull my tandem axle TT on them. May also use them under the stabilizing jacks.
I use a separate pad for the stabilizer jacks. They are NOT these, but they are similar. I would provide the url but I think I bought them from some camping place, not from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Swess-Stabili...125114&sr=8-25

I use these under the stabilizer jacks whenever the ground is not concrete or asphalt. If the rear of the RV is too high I add the leveling blocks as needed. These are too thin to provide any height advantage.
Old 08-26-2020, 04:45 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I have LYNX and after three years they are still in great condition, 2017 FUSE 23A so no stabilizers. I just use them as designed to level a low side or a high end parking spot. Usually I need only 1 or 2 but I have gone as high as FIVE when I had no other option at Elephant Butte State Park in a too short site that left me very unlevel...like falling out of bed unlevel. FIVE high was a bit harrowing but I did it.
highfeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 05:33 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

lynx, from wallyword!
TroutBum1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 12:46 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Wallyworld had both the Lynx and Camco right next to each other on the shelf in the RV section of the Auto department. They seemed about the same quality, Lynx was orange and Camco yellow. They were within a dollar of each other in cost, so I picked the Lynx because they had a bag to store them and the Camco had a platform and T handle thingy. Our Spyder is tall, and I use them under the stabilizers and front jack. We use the Anderson system for leveling most of the time , but can use the Lynx blocks if needed. Ended up with 4 packs.
Ozarkryder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling