Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #1

New LCD with variable speaker outputs

I am in the process of replacing the front overhead 26" sony crt with a 32" Vizio with variable outputs for speakers. I cant get my Sony surround system speakers to work with this new tv by going tv line out (rca cables) to the line in of the sony dvd surround system (winnebago supplied). I'm not using the winnebago wart from the old crt tv because I have a variable output from the new Vizio I was told would work....What am I doing wrong?
MntDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Vizio 32"

I installed a 32" led vizio about a year ago it was compatable with the DVD RCA factory system double check your leads.I do have to turn off the tv volume when watching a dvd or I get a echo sound.but the stock surround system does work.I did not have the wart on my old rca tv just rca cables. good luck
Old 04-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Try the speaker "in" ports on the tv with the cables going to your Sony surround system.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #4

Planning on the TV upgrade

I am planning on doing the 32 inch TV upgrade as well.. Do you know which VIZIO 32 inch model you used and how wide it was.. Any problem fitting it into the box and how did you anchor it?
I keep reading about a home theatre thing in our 2007 Sightseer, but all I see is a DVD/VCR and a tv plus the switching unit.

Has anyone upgraded the speakers in the sightseer?
Thanks
Bill
WH347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

vizio 32 led

I will check the model # and post it later I did mount the tv on the outside of the wood front with a swivel mount secured to the metal cage with angle iron it is solid.Pipe insulation was used where the tv meets the cabinet it is hidden and can't be seen.Aluminum turn buckles hold the tv in place. It has not moved in 8 thousand miles.My surround sound comes on only when a dvd or cd or radio is played.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

This my 32 in vizio that I put in
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1621541864.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	319.4 KB
ID:	19857   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-535844751.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	370.2 KB
ID:	19858  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-322828961.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	307.8 KB
ID:	19859   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3111283807.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	265.5 KB
ID:	19860  

Randy blase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

are you sure the tv has analog audio outputs? most, if not all, of the newer vizios only have a digital optical audio output, meant to go to a surround sound receiver.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntDriver View Post
I am in the process of replacing the front overhead 26" sony crt with a 32" Vizio with variable outputs for speakers. I cant get my Sony surround system speakers to work with this new tv by going tv line out (rca cables) to the line in of the sony dvd surround system (winnebago supplied). I'm not using the winnebago wart from the old crt tv because I have a variable output from the new Vizio I was told would work....What am I doing wrong?
did you select ''variable output'' on the new tv menu screen?
the ''wart'' is a filter to take noise out of the line to the speakers.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:22 AM   #9

For those who are following my thread here:

BINGO! (W4MPG nailed it!) Optical cable from the TV to the Surround system and TV audio set to Fixed sends signal to the surround speakers with surround remote controlling the volume!

I now have 5.1 Surround sound with DVD, 5.1 Surround sound HD with antenna, and 2.1 stereo (maybe 2.0) with SD satellite (I don't subscribe to HD satellite). All works on my surround speakers as I wanted.

Thanks for the responses!

PS...oh the Winnebago "wart".....threw it in the trash!
Old 04-11-2012, 01:23 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy blase View Post
This my 32 in vizio that I put in
Love that, Randy! Your use of the piano hinge makes perfect sense, as does the way you mounted the TV without buying a commercial bracket. I'm definitely going to copy you! I do have one potential issue, however. I'm not at the coach right now so can't look, but as I recall the front of the cabinet the current TV sits into is rounded. I suppose I will have to build a new frame which means matching the light oak color that's in there, now. Shouldn't be too difficult, I guess. Using the hinged front gives you all that extra storage space, too. A question. Did you find that hinge with the corner already formed or did you have to modify it?

Great job!!
Old 04-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #11

Glad you got it

On my TV, I have to Mute the Internal Speakers in order to send sound out the Analogs...
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:13 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

MNTDRIVER: glad i could be of assistance. (takes bow) but at least get the name right: W4MBG, as in Williamsburg, with a 4 in it. not to be confused with W4MPG, which is something my rv knows nothing about.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #13
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrona

Love that, Randy! Your use of the piano hinge makes perfect sense, as does the way you mounted the TV without buying a commercial bracket. I'm definitely going to copy you! I do have one potential issue, however. I'm not at the coach right now so can't look, but as I recall the front of the cabinet the current TV sits into is rounded. I suppose I will have to build a new frame which means matching the light oak color that's in there, now. Shouldn't be too difficult, I guess. Using the hinged front gives you all that extra storage space, too. A question. Did you find that hinge with the corner already formed or did you have to modify it?

Great job!!
Yes it was all ready formed don't remember were I got it a thought found it on the shelf at home toke it off some thing some were I am sure u could fine one on line. Thanks for the comment
Randy blase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Lot's of info here on New TV mountings

Survey of CRT TV to LCD replacements
Old 04-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBEEBOP View Post
Lot's of info here on New TV mountings

Survey of CRT TV to LCD replacements
Yep....Ive posted the same question over there on the Winnie forum, and plan to include pictures tonight of my install.

Tags
install