Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-12-2006, 07:30 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

We just brought home our new 35J Itasca Sunova and love the bunks - We stared out with a used Chiefton and loved Winnebago. Traded up for a new Fleetwood DP in 05 - was nice but fancy for family use. The Gas unit with Bunks fits our family - kids love it and I'm happy to be back with Winnebago !!!
FamilyBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:30 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

We just brought home our new 35J Itasca Sunova and love the bunks - We stared out with a used Chiefton and loved Winnebago. Traded up for a new Fleetwood DP in 05 - was nice but fancy for family use. The Gas unit with Bunks fits our family - kids love it and I'm happy to be back with Winnebago !!!
Old 12-12-2006, 11:16 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

that unit looks really nice for a famliy, my kids are getting sick of sleeping on the sofa & dinnett.
Enjoy your new rig, I'm jealous.....

Seattle, WA
rvcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 11:22 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Hey I though of a question for you, can you use the bunks with out extending the rear slide on that model?

Seattle, WA
Old 12-13-2006, 04:25 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

rvcarpenter - yes you can use the bunks with the slide in. The full bath is across the hall -the bathroom door only opens 3/4 way with slide not etended. We can still get in/out just need to keep kids from hitting it against the wood on the bunks.
We had a nice coach before with two couches up front - it it still much better to have the kids sleep in the bunks and not the main living area. Each bunk has its own DVD system .
Old 12-13-2006, 05:10 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Familybus - sounds really nice, I can't believe each bunk has it's own DVD system! We go skiing alot and sometimes I wouldn't be able to pull out both slides, that's why I asked. Right now we have an Itasca Sunrise 30W, with one slide so it works well. But that floor plan that you have looks really nice, the bunks are great, I'm surprized it's taken winnebago this long to come out with something more family friendly. We had a class C for a while only because it had the overhead bunk and we didn't have to make it up all the time. We would have bought a class a had thier been any with bunks. Keep us posted on how the rig works out, I might have to upgrade

PS are the Bunks big enough for and adult, my kids are 16 and 14, my oldest is fast approaching 5'10 150 lbs.

Seattle, WA
Old 12-13-2006, 05:30 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Congrats on the new Winnie. If all goes well we'll have one too. I've been looking at the Bunk Class A's for what seems like 6 months. I really figured the Winnie wouldn't be all that striking after seeing the Damon and Hurricane units. But when we spent time in one this past Saturday we were both sold on it. The King bed was a huge plus. The one we are looking at doesn't have the Bunk DVD stuff, which is fine by me. I figure we don't really need 4 TVs in a motor home anyway.

The bunks appear large enough for an adult, but not to wide if they toss and turn a lot.
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:52 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Y-guy - thanks for the info on the bunks they are still yng and skinny so being narrow bunks shouldn't be a problem. All you guys with the bunks are getting me jealious I might have to go to the dealer.....

Seattle, WA