Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Great Install How did you mount the TV?
Lill Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:43 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Posted by Jeff
Why would you do that? I have a friend that had a coach that was wood support that came down while on the road. A 32" Sharp will fit in there nicely by flareing out the sheet metal on each side, and 100% anchored to metal, by metal.
Jeff, I would certainly use metal to mount the TV. Would like to get rid of the bulk of that box though. I was hoping without the big box I could mount another visor. It won't fit on the box and it always seems the sun is in the middle.

As I see it the only way to take it out is to cut it. I was going to leave the front part of the box, secure it better to the cabinets, and add another bar across the opening (there is one near the top that held the old tv in) for the mounting plate. Looks like I may have to live with it.

I just bought a Panasonic 32 in LCD. It's a new model TC-L32S1 and will just fit between the cabinets. Right now I have it sitting on the dash and the picture is awesome. I don't have HD but this picture is so good I don't know that I will get HD anytime soon.
Numbers 6:24-26
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:46 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

What I want to know is how you got the old TV out. I know that the one in mine weighs at least 100 lbs.
Craig Heyne & Co-Pilot/Navigator Sharon. 2007 Voyage 33V W20. Brazel's Ultra Power Permormance kit. CAI, Reprogramming, plug wires, Steer-Safe, Suzuki Grand Vitara toad, two spoiled cats and a GPS set to infinity.
Craig H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:30 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
What I want to know is how you got the old TV out. I know that the one in mine weighs at least 100 lbs.
You definitely need some muscle to get that tv out. I am currently visiting my family so had my brother to help take it out. Actually I really didn't do much as he lifted it out himself and carried it out of the door. It should be a two person job but is a little difficult for two people to move around with that big thing. At least when one is 5'3" and the other 6'4".

I did remove the wooden frame and the cover myself. All that is involved with that is removing screws in the side cabinets and the box cover. There is also a bar across the top holding the TV in place that is held tight with a bolt on each side and a small screw tab on the base in the front and back.

A problem I ran into with the tv is using coax. Today I checked out the tv with a dvd. When I went back to tv I could not get a picture. I finally called Panasonic and was told it is because I am using coax cable and not the HDMI or composite connections. I temporarily hooked up the composite cables to the sat receiver and the tv and got a picture again. Was told that is what I have to use. I didn't realize cable is a thing of the past or at least it's supposed to be.

Problem with that is the dvd player uses those connections. So right now I am not sure how to set up this tv with my sat receiver and dvd player. Guess that is tomorrow's project.
Numbers 6:24-26
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:24 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive View Post
Jeff, I would certainly use metal to mount the TV. Would like to get rid of the bulk of that box though. I was hoping without the big box I could mount another visor. It won't fit on the box and it always seems the sun is in the middle.

As I see it the only way to take it out is to cut it. I was going to leave the front part of the box, secure it better to the cabinets, and add another bar across the opening (there is one near the top that held the old tv in) for the mounting plate. Looks like I may have to live with it.

I just bought a Panasonic 32 in LCD. It's a new model TC-L32S1 and will just fit between the cabinets. Right now I have it sitting on the dash and the picture is awesome. I don't have HD but this picture is so good I don't know that I will get HD anytime soon.
Yeah, it's all one welded piece. Same for the bar at the top, I left it in for extra torque strength and tightened it hard. The TV fits almost exactly into the metal frame so I saw no need to cut anything for weight having just lost 65lbs from the TV, a net of about 40 after the new one went in.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:36 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Thank's so much for the reply Olive. I will try to enlist the aid of a neighbor when the time comes. See ya down the road.
Craig Heyne & Co-Pilot/Navigator Sharon. 2007 Voyage 33V W20. Brazel's Ultra Power Permormance kit. CAI, Reprogramming, plug wires, Steer-Safe, Suzuki Grand Vitara toad, two spoiled cats and a GPS set to infinity.
Craig H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:17 AM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Very nice. I hope mine goes that easy.I am having a slow start. Did you have to open the side equipment compartments and remove the shelves to get behind the original TV?
ravenbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:53 PM   #28
Winnebago Watcher

What did you use to cut out he metal tv cage?
djriley is offline   Reply With Quote