Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2006, 02:17 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2006 Itasca Sunova with the factory installed RCA surround sound. When I play a dvd on the system, I lose almost half the sound. If I switch back to stereo, it is very loud. Does anyone else have this problem and is it normal.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:17 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2006 Itasca Sunova with the factory installed RCA surround sound. When I play a dvd on the system, I lose almost half the sound. If I switch back to stereo, it is very loud. Does anyone else have this problem and is it normal.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:03 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

When you say "switch back to stereo" do you mean the radio? If so, you probably do not have the switch in the passenger side compartment switched to TV. Another possibility is that you have not switched the dash button from "Engine" to "Coach". This must be done to allow power for the amp for the surround.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:20 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I am talking about the surround stereo for my tv, not the dash radio. As for the switch on tv,
are you talking about the control panel switch in the compartment with the surround stereo.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:56 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

bigdep, there's not much written about these sound systems in the Winnie black bag of "instructions". However, dealers are instructed on the operation of the latest electronics; -it might be helpful to contact your dealer. I'm not trying to put you off, but there's been a lot of threads on this forum regarding the TV sound & surround sound subjects. The systems operated differently from one year to the next. Some needed the proper selection of options, or "activation", using the tv remote (selecting correct audio out and type of sound); others were not plugged/wired correctly from the factory; still others had weird quirks when flipping the RV Radio power source button (on the dash) from engine to house batteries...
But one thing sure, here's where you can get some good help:
Winnebago Owner Relations, ph. 800-537-1885, or e-mail to [email protected]

Old 07-28-2006, 06:52 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I have the same year but the Sightseer - so I am assuming the RCA systems are pretty similar... We have no problem with the dvd sound level. The sound for the dvd is out of the surround system and all of our speakers work well. the volume control is on the dvd player not the tv. when you switch back to the regular tv - where are you getting the sound from the tv or the surround speakers? if it is the surrround speakers then you probably have a wiring or some sort of problem. when we play a dvd we turn the volume down on the tv and turn up the volume on the dvd player. When we use the surround system to watch tv, if the tv station is not set up for 'stereo' we get no sound. we are constantly adjusting the menu items as we encounter new channels as we travel. bottom line - no it is not normal.
west04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 05:06 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

sometimes i have to go to the vcr/dvd and change the music input type from music to stereo or other options to get all the speakers to work.
peter griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 08:19 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

My surround sound and speakers do work, but I have to turn the volume up all the way on the surround to get a comfortable listening level.