Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2007, 12:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Does anyone know what these two little LED sensors do in each side of my cabinets on either side of the TV. They say infrared transmitter on them. They are hooked to a little box that gets 12VDC, up behind the TV, but the lead exiting the box goes up under the roof headliner, going to the back of the coach. I have a 2005 Meridian. Help!?
Eric Hennen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:18 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Does anyone know what these two little LED sensors do in each side of my cabinets on either side of the TV. They say infrared transmitter on them. They are hooked to a little box that gets 12VDC, up behind the TV, but the lead exiting the box goes up under the roof headliner, going to the back of the coach. I have a 2005 Meridian. Help!?
Eric Hennen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:51 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

You should find a little infrared receiver in the bedroom, probably near the TV. This lets you control the DVD Player/VCR, etc. from the bedroom with the doors closed. You would still need to use the remote for the front equipment.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:51 PM   #4

The wire goes to your rear TV so you can use your IR remote back there.
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:26 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I have to say that the usual excellent documenation of Winnie is lacking in our new 35J in the area of electronics. I have seen these sensors in various places and looked in the manual(s) and the schematics and it is a puzzle. I'm reasonably handy on electronic stuff and am glad: if I were not, I'd REALLY be lost

I stumped the nice man at Winnie today on how to hook up a Direct TV receiver. He had to admit that what I have in our coach matches the schematic and it is a mystery as to how to do it. He'll call me back (and I know he will.)

I'm not whining...they did a great job on this coach and our "punch list" is VERY small and inconsequential. Electronics documentation needs to be improved IMHO. Steve
Old 11-13-2007, 03:38 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

DirecTV receiver is simple. The grey coax in the compartment goes to Satellite IN on the receiver and the TV Out of the receiver goes to the TV Source Switch Satellite IN. Select Satellite for Front or Rear TV and set TV to channel selected on back of Satellite Receiver for RF out switch (Channel 3 or 4).
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:46 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Not in the 2008 line. I had a 2001 Itasca which was as you described. This one ain't. The winnie guy agrees.