Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2016, 11:03 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Infotainment Question?

Just took delivery of our new View 24J last week and have been filling my free time with trying to understand all the systems in vehicle. This is our first RV and I am learning there is much to learn. For the most part everything is pretty straight forward and everything appears to be working as designed. The only problem I am having is being able to get the Infotainment system to feed to the coach speakers. They only feed to the chassis speakers. When I go into settings I do not see the touch screen button for "House" which the manual shows should be present. I only get the "AUX" button. I called the dealer on this and they weren't sure what to do and indicated that the manual is a general manual and may not be exactly indicative of what is installed, though they said to bring the coach in and they would look at it. I'm not buying the general manual thing as this looks like it should be a standard feature. Will take coach in if necessary, but would like to avoid the 1.5 hour drive each way. Has anyone had this problem and if so what is the solution?
rcouch54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 11:21 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

On my Suncruiser, there is two black rocker type switches below the touch screen. One is for the map light and the other is for "radio/house."
Floridakamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 01:16 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Yes I do have two rocker switches, one that is for house batteries to assist chassis battery for starting, the other is for house batteries to run the Infotainment system. With the latter switch on the Infotainment system is powered up and operates, however the house speakers are not engaged, just chassis speakers. With the switch in either position the "House" button is not present on the screen.
Thanks for responding.
Old 09-08-2016, 01:27 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Hi ! Welcome to the forum! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new rig! Keep her between the ditches!

Sorry I can't help with your questions!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 01:46 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcouch54 View Post
Just took delivery of our new View 24J last week and have been filling my free time with trying to understand all the systems in vehicle. This is our first RV and I am learning there is much to learn. For the most part everything is pretty straight forward and everything appears to be working as designed. The only problem I am having is being able to get the Infotainment system to feed to the coach speakers. They only feed to the chassis speakers. When I go into settings I do not see the touch screen button for "House" which the manual shows should be present. I only get the "AUX" button. I called the dealer on this and they weren't sure what to do and indicated that the manual is a general manual and may not be exactly indicative of what is installed, though they said to bring the coach in and they would look at it. I'm not buying the general manual thing as this looks like it should be a standard feature. Will take coach in if necessary, but would like to avoid the 1.5 hour drive each way. Has anyone had this problem and if so what is the solution?
Sorry to inform you that there is no way to use the front infotainment system on the rear coach system. It would be great to be able to since the front system can get sat. radio, what a waste to not be able to play over the house system. ... big miss on Winnebago part
Old 09-08-2016, 01:55 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

thought I'd add that you will want to upgrade the maps if you have the GPS. Load on your computer the Rand McNally dock software from their website. Pull the sim card out and plug it into you computer.... you will need to do this from time to time to keep your GPS up to date.

This is also how you import trips from your computer if you want to (I use Good Sam's trip planner), most times I just make a list of waypoints and put them in as I travel, easier to make changes as I go.

The sim card is in the upper right of the unit under a rubber cover.

good luck with your new purchase!
Old 09-08-2016, 02:24 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

NYBobbo - that is discouraging news. I assume you have gone down this road to no avail. I think I will at least still pursue as the manual clearly shows a function button for doing exactly what I want to do.

Thanks for the info on the GPS updates

Bob
Old 09-08-2016, 05:37 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

rcouch54, do you have the JBL premium audio option?
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 03:16 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

We have a Pioneer system in our Winnie and have called Pioneer seeral times with questions. Give your radio vendor a call. Forget the dealer.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:58 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcouch54 View Post
NYBobbo - that is discouraging news. I assume you have gone down this road to no avail. I think I will at least still pursue as the manual clearly shows a function button for doing exactly what I want to do.

Thanks for the info on the GPS updates

Bob
I have a 2016 24J, if you can make the dash play on the back system let me know. I would sure love to be able to do that!
Old 05-16-2018, 12:46 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Did you ever find a way to play it in the back half of the rig? I would love to do it also.
Tucsontoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 02:08 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

In an effort to help in this matter, I noticed that the coach must have the parking brake set to access "house mode". Excerpt from manual.

2.1.1 House Mode (Optional)
This option is only accessible when parking brake is engaged. When active, house mode sends current source audio and/or video to other areas of the coach. Control can be done from LCD screens as normal or with remote device. Please note after 1 minute of no information, the LCD screen will enter into sleep. Touch the screen to wake. House mode is exited when selected again, park brake disengaged or a power cycle is performed.

Link to manual I was perusing.

https://riverparkinc.com/wp-content/...2014-ver03.pdf

Link to all manuals:

https://riverparkinc.com/resources/?b%5B%5D=51