Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2021, 05:06 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Infotainment - Ice Warning

Does anyone know how to defeat the icy roads warning the Infotainment system persists in giving me? At least the audio beep.

I have a tire pressure monitor and who knows what else with beeping warnings so its aggravating to have that go off and try to figure out what it is when its really not necessary. Seems like it goes off even when temps are above freezing or even if below freezing its perfectly dry (I'm sure its temp sensor driven and probably can't do anything about that except turn it off).
Old 01-11-2021, 08:11 AM   #2
Site Team

Winnebago uses many different systems in many different RVs and changes them even from year to year. So, we don’t know what infotainment system your RV has. Your best bet to find this info is to look up the user manual for your particular system’s model number to see if it can be turned off.

My system seems to activate the warning at 37 degrees and this doesn’t seem to be changeable. But your system is probably completely different than the one in my RV
Old 01-11-2021, 09:20 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Too many items that do too many things that we really don't need. Consider it may be your phone settings if the entertainment center is bluetooth connected. My wife has a lot of trouble finding the options to turn notifications on and off after each upgrade.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:25 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Had checked manual and wandered through the settings menus in the system. Since I've been known to miss the obvious (just ask my co-pilot) thought I'd check here and see if I am overlooking something or if anyone has a 'creative' solution - short of disconnecting the temp sensor.
37 degrees would be about my guess on when mine kicks in also.
Greg121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 04:37 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg121 View Post
Had checked manual and wandered through the settings menus in the system. Since I've been known to miss the obvious (just ask my co-pilot) thought I'd check here and see if I am overlooking something or if anyone has a 'creative' solution - short of disconnecting the temp sensor.
37 degrees would be about my guess on when mine kicks in also.
If you do find a solution please broadcast it loudly. It would be great to hear how to kill that warning as its about the most irritating on the entire rig. Its loud and its always a pain remember what's causing that racket when we transition from fall to winter temps! I've probably run off the road a dozen times trying to figure out what the sound is and where its coming from the first time it freezes out !
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 08:22 AM   #6
Site Team

Ok, this week we were traveling when the freeze warning went off while I was driving.

I don’t know how to permanently defeat it, but if you tap the snowflake icon the beeping stops.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:31 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Ok, this week we were traveling when the freeze warning went off while I was driving.

I don’t know how to permanently defeat it, but if you tap the snowflake icon the beeping stops.
Thanks good to know-I will try. But long term I am thinking shotgun blast to the Infotainment screen LOL
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 04:06 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

If you go to the main menu it stops beeping too.
I guess it’s a safety thing. I would think best for black ice when you don’t know what the weather is. I don’t care for the warning but I’ll live with it. The infotainment unit is nice once you learn to use it.
My only grip is when I have the camera on the TOAD I don’t get time & temp on the screen. I wish it had that overlay.
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote