Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2015, 08:14 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
Infotainment Center User Manual & Questions

we just took delivery of a 2016 Suncruiser 38Q that came equipped with the Winnebago Infotainment Center. while out driving with a buddy yesterday we discovered that there is a wifi function...we were able to connect to a number of open hot spots but to what end? what's it for? no user manual was in the Winnebago black bag and the manual I found online later that night or the Rand McNally RVND contains no reference to wifi. can someone explain what the wifi is for and how to use it? I suspect it may have something to do with the SD card/updating process but that's just a wild guess.

also...should a paper manual for the Infotainment Center have been in the black bag...maybe an oversight by the dealer?

thanks.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 10:19 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via Skype™ to tnteacherguy
It might also be so that you can access apps like Pandora.

Most manuals these days are somewhere are the Internet. Post if you find a link.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:38 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

rk911, here is a link to the Rand McNally site with a little info.
Using Wifi Connectivity - Rand McNally Support
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 11:09 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnteacherguy View Post
It might also be so that you can access apps like Pandora.

Most manuals these days are somewhere are the Internet. Post if you find a link.
I found the manual for the GPS functions here. the GPS in the Infotainment Center (IC) is a Rand McNally (RM) RVND. the manual in the link is for a RM RVND portable unit, not the dash mounted unit so the manual is not 100% accurate...more like 99% with the notable exclusion of the wifi function.

the other IC functions like the Bluetooth, CD, sat radio, etc. are fairly intuitive. the GPS is somewhat intuitive...all except for the wifi function.

Old 09-06-2015, 11:13 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
rk911, here is a link to the Rand McNally site with a little info.
Using Wifi Connectivity - Rand McNally Support
thanks, Grant and Pat...not much help there. it explains what wifi is and so forth but not the intended function of the wifi in the radio. the more I think about it the more I'm convinced that the wifi is there to update the GPS. the portable version of the Rand McNally RVND is updated by docking it to a PC. since that's not the case with the dash mounted unit I suspect the SD card is removed from the radio, docked with a PC and updated and then returned to the radio. the wifi may be included in order to do this without a PC. sure would be nice if Rand McNally and/or Winnebago would just include a user manual or a link to where one could be found.

Old 09-06-2015, 11:44 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

rk911, ok here is another link with a little more info. Looks like you can get real time weather and fuel prices with a wifi connection. On the road you will have to use your phone has a hot spot.
http://www.xsna.ca/assets/xite-4.0-q...0-27-14(1).pdf
Old 09-06-2015, 11:49 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I have the unit in my Winnebago

Give me your address & I will send operators manual to you, it includes the connecting info for update.

Yes-we take the chip in the house & upgrade it. It is very useful for campgrounds-,Grocery Stores, Points of interests, and all the other GPS functions.

Gas Buddy is much better for fuel sources.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:05 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deny View Post
I have the unit in my Winnebago

Give me your address & I will send operators manual to you, it includes the connecting info for update.

Yes-we take the chip in the house & upgrade it. It is very useful for campgrounds-,Grocery Stores, Points of interests, and all the other GPS functions.

Gas Buddy is much better for fuel sources.
PM sent. Thanks.

Old 09-06-2015, 05:06 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
rk911, ok here is another link with a little more info. Looks like you can get real time weather and fuel prices with a wifi connection. On the road you will have to use your phone has a hot spot.
http://www.xsna.ca/assets/xite-4.0-q...0-27-14(1).pdf
thanks, Grant. that's a LOT more helpful. where on earth did you find that?

Old 09-06-2015, 06:04 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

rk911, I was just poking around in the Xite Solutions site. Click on the picture in the bottom center then look in the gray box.
Xite Solutions North America
Old 09-06-2015, 07:28 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
rk911, I was just poking around in the Xite Solutions site. Click on the picture in the bottom center then look in the gray box.
most excellent! my unit is actually the one on the far right. I've never heard of Xite...are they the actual mfgs of the radio/gps?

Old 09-06-2015, 07:34 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

rk911, yes that is my understanding.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:53 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
rk911, yes that is my understanding.
thanks, Grant.

Old 09-07-2015, 03:13 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

Quote:
and on that same page click SUPPORT and then PRODUCT MANUALS which will take you to a page where the complete manual for each product can be viewed and printed/saved. thanks to everyone who assisted me both here on the forum and via private message with this.

Old 09-07-2015, 04:22 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

OK...been exploring the functions on this unit but can't get a CD or DVD to play. according to the manual all that needs be done is to insert a CD or DVD into the slot and playback should occur automatically. no joy on this. am I missing a step?? the CD and DVD I tried both work fine in other players.

Old 09-07-2015, 04:42 PM   #16
Winnebago Master

rk911, ours is a year older but, with the menu screen showing I push the CD in the slot and the screen goes to the CD screen and starts playing.
Old 09-07-2015, 04:52 PM   #17
Winnebago Master

Quote:
rk911, ours is a year older but, with the menu screen showing I push the CD in the slot and the screen goes to the CD screen and starts playing.
yup, that's what the manual says is 'sposed to happen but isn't. I've added this to my growing list of tweaks and fixes.

Old 09-08-2015, 02:14 PM   #18
Winnebago Master

You should have gotten 2 manuals with your motorhome. One is the generic operators manual that contains the information on all the systems that are standard equipment on your coach. There should also be an Operator's Manual Supplement that's about twice the thickness of the generic manual. This manual should have the year, model and serial number of your coach visible through a window in the cover.

The Operator's Manual Supplement contains information on all the optional equipment and more details on the standard equipment specific to your coach. The manual for your infotainment center should be in either section 3 "Driving Your Motorhome" or in section 8 "Entertainment"
Old 09-08-2015, 06:24 PM   #19
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikerdogs View Post
You should have gotten 2 manuals with your motorhome. One is the generic operators manual that contains the information on all the systems that are standard equipment on your coach. There should also be an Operator's Manual Supplement that's about twice the thickness of the generic manual. This manual should have the year, model and serial number of your coach visible through a window in the cover.

The Operator's Manual Supplement contains information on all the optional equipment and more details on the standard equipment specific to your coach. The manual for your infotainment center should be in either section 3 "Driving Your Motorhome" or in section 8 "Entertainment"
I actually have three manuals, the 'Operator's Manual' and two supplemental manuals. i'll look again but there was nothing useful in either book.

thanks for the suggestion.

Old 09-09-2015, 03:26 PM   #20
Winnebago Camper

I had the same problem playing CDs, would load but would not play, tried again the other day and now it works, only thing I have done is update the software, maybe there was a software issue that has been fixed. Try updating the software.
j.smith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual