Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2016, 12:20 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

My 2016 Navion came with the Rand McNally GPS in the Infotainment system. I've only used it a few times so far. Once a destination is put in it takes quite a while for it to compute a route, other than that I've had no complaints with it. I found the curve warnings to be accurate most of the time, but turned that function off as I can see upcoming curves fine and don't need to take my eyes off the road to look at the GPS curve warnings.

I did have a problem with the unit not playing the radio through the left speaker in the cab, while all other audio sources worked fine. Dealer replaced it under warranty from the distributor River Park. $1700 just for the unit !! Glad it was warranty.
Old 01-09-2016, 01:05 PM   #22
Winnebago Watcher

Well I see the Rand McNally issues are not unique to Entegra. We are going through similar issues. I will say however that the latest SD card update seemed to really improve the latency problem and the broken voice commands. Entegra customer service along with RiverPark have really stepped up to resolve these Rand McNally issues.
2004 Jeep Liberty Limited - FMCA #343990
BHutting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 02:01 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

For people with NAV start up issues make sure the SD card is not locked. There is a very small slide switch on the card that locks it. If it is locked the NAV app will not start up.
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 02:08 PM   #24
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Postma View Post
For people with NAV start up issues make sure the SD card is not locked. There is a very small slide switch on the card that locks it. If it is locked the NAV app will not start up.
Ditto what Ron said.... I inadvertently locked my SD card without knowing. Pulled my brain out my ears trying to figure out why my GPS went away all of a sudden? Good point!
2004 Jeep Liberty Limited - FMCA #343990
BHutting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 05:45 PM   #25
JBP
Winnie-Wise

My 2015 Cambria has the built in GPS in the infotainment system. When I updated it I get an error message that SD the license for the selected database is invalid. I call RM the told me to call info they could not figure it. So they sent me a new SD cade. It would not load at all. I tried with the switch in both direction. Called info back they were stumped. They said that they would call back. No call back yet after one week. I will call info again on Monday.
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:12 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bz_ny View Post
We have a 2014 Winnebago 37F with the built-in GPS from Rand/Good Sam.
This is a horrible GPS. It does not have the same software as the portable units from Rand/Good Sam. First searching on Henderson, NY does not return the location. I contacted Rand and was told "Henderson is not a City" you have to search on "Henderson, town of, NY" Really???? Google, Mapquest, Yahoo, WeatherUnderground, and my Garmin locate it no problem. Tech support told me we're not Google they "compensate for town, city". Also when I went to locate the KOA near Henderson, NY I could not sort the campground list by KOA. Tech support told me to use the "Spell" button. Well in the built in unit the Spell button is not present. I was told not all "features" are available in the built in unit like the portables. A "Spell" button is a feature? The support person offered to walk me thru using the GPS within it's limited features. I have not taken them up on that offer yet. I am glad I did not pay for this feature in the motorhome it was included on the unit. I have the Garmin dezl 760LMT and it is far superior to the Good Sam product. When I mentioned this to the tech support person he hung up on me. I have used the Garmin for over a year in our last motorhome (Vista 35F) and also in our car. It's not perfect but head to head with the Rand/GoodSam it wins hands down.

Wanted to post my experience so someone considering ordering this $1500 option will check it out first to see if it meets your needs.
Hello.

I’d like to help clear up some of the confusion here with the features and functionality available to you on your XiteSolutions Infotainment system. I’ll begin by explaining about the Town you are searching for. Municipalities in general are differentiated in our data in various manners, which is displayed here with Henderson, NY, which is a Town in Jefferson County, New York. While searching for the KOA near Henderson what you can do to refine your Campground Categories are as follows:
Choose Destination> Points of Interest > City > Henderson, Town Of, New York > RV Campgrounds > All Campgrounds > Click the “Spell” button on the lower left corner > Enter your search “KOA” and tap List > Your Search will now display for the KOA’s near Henderson.

If you have more questions please PM met and I’ll have someone from our Technical Support team get in touch with you.

Thanks,
RandMcSam
RandMcSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:15 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochise1949 View Post
Rand McNally Support Dock Software

RV GPS Support - Rand McNally

All the instructions are there. After getting the app on a PC or Mac, you just remove the SD card from the Infotainment Center and put it in your computer. Open the RMDock and follow the instructions. You can also download POI files to your unit from the dock.
Old 01-18-2016, 01:17 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpend View Post
Has anyone had any success with the wifi on this unit? All the documentation claims it has wifi capability but I can't seem to find it on my unit. I've got the 2015 Itasca Suncruiser.

Thanks,
Jerald Pendleton
Hello.

The Connected Features icon will display on the lower right hand corner of the map screen. If your unit has Wi-Fi capabilities you should be able to connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot then utilize the Weather and Fuel features. Some of you may also have access to the Traffic Everywhere feature from this icon.
If you are experiencing any difficulties, please don’t hesitate to send me your contact information and I’ll have the Tech team get in touch with you at your convenience.

Thanks,
RandMcSam.
Old 01-18-2016, 01:17 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBP View Post
My 2015 Cambria has the built in GPS in the infotainment system. When I updated it I get an error message that SD the license for the selected database is invalid. I call RM the told me to call info they could not figure it. So they sent me a new SD cade. It would not load at all. I tried with the switch in both direction. Called info back they were stumped. They said that they would call back. No call back yet after one week. I will call info again on Monday.
Hi,

Ouch! I know the problem here. Please PM me your contact information and I’ll have someone help resolve this issue for you. Please include your serial number so I can have troubleshooting done in advance.

Thanks,
RandMcSam
Old 01-18-2016, 05:53 PM   #30
Winnebago Owner

RandMcSam when will the DOCK application be upgraded to support OS X El Capitan for Mac? It has been out for a very long time.
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:17 AM   #31
JBP
Winnie-Wise

Called Rand McNally and the Technician ran through some testes to diagnose the problem with the SD card. When he was finished he was not sure that the problem was fixed. He said that the card was responding too slowly. But I should try it and see if it worked in the radio. He said that if I had any problems to contact RiverPark and they would replace the SC card under warranty. He provided their phone number. I was very satisfied with the help and service that i received from Rand McNally. RiverPark sent me the first card and it was bad also. they immediately sent another card and it works great. They were very apologetic about the first card and assured me that he would load the new card and make sure that it worked correctly.
I have had the stand alone RM unit and was very pleased with it. I am very pleased with the radio the GPS, satellite, and Blue tooth in it the new unit. I believe that it was worth the money for me.
I would like to have a larger screen. The stand alone had a nice size. I see that the the class A coaches have an option of displaying the RM on a larger screen.
I would recommend the radio and the systems.
The support that I received fro Rand McNally and RiverPark was excellent.
Old 01-19-2016, 08:20 AM   #32
JBP
Winnie-Wise

RandMcSam thanks for the help. I have read your responses and enjoyed them
Old 01-21-2016, 09:10 AM   #33
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Postma View Post
RandMcSam when will the DOCK application be upgraded to support OS X El Capitan for Mac? It has been out for a very long time.
Hello,

Yes, currently the Dock has some compatibility issues with Apple's latest OS upgrade to El Capitan. Previous to El Capitan, the Dock is compatible on any Apple OS version newer than 10.5. We are working to provide a compatible version and should have one shortly.

I can post a message here as soon as a compatible Dock version is available.
In the meantime, if you require an update to your Xite card and have El Capitan, please PM me and I can help guide you to or provide you with a resolution.

Thank you,
RandMcSam
Old 01-21-2016, 09:14 AM   #34
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBP View Post
RandMcSam thanks for the help. I have read your responses and enjoyed them

Tags
gps