Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2007, 06:03 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

No it's not what you think. When we bought our Adventurer back in 2001 there weren't many manuals available online. Because I'm an information nut we bought all the manuals we could in paper form. In all there were probably around 40 manuals for everything from plumbing and electrical to slide and floor repair. The total weight of the bunch was 33 lbs.
Yesterday I took the time to go to the "Resources" section of the Winnebago site to see if I could get pdf copies to minimize the weight and room they require. After a couple hours work I was able to replace 2/3 of the paper we normally carry with a couple CD's. The only items I now have in paper form are the owners manual, some of the how to manuals for the appliances, and the manuals for the now obsolete items. The nicest part is that I now have exactly what I need without having to search through volumes of information that are not relivant to our coach.

Thanks Winnebago
Old 02-11-2007, 06:03 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

No it's not what you think. When we bought our Adventurer back in 2001 there weren't many manuals available online. Because I'm an information nut we bought all the manuals we could in paper form. In all there were probably around 40 manuals for everything from plumbing and electrical to slide and floor repair. The total weight of the bunch was 33 lbs.
Yesterday I took the time to go to the "Resources" section of the Winnebago site to see if I could get pdf copies to minimize the weight and room they require. After a couple hours work I was able to replace 2/3 of the paper we normally carry with a couple CD's. The only items I now have in paper form are the owners manual, some of the how to manuals for the appliances, and the manuals for the now obsolete items. The nicest part is that I now have exactly what I need without having to search through volumes of information that are not relivant to our coach.

Thanks Winnebago
Old 02-11-2007, 08:09 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Congradulations on the success of your "diet".

I too have consolidated several pounds of manuals onto CD's. We could all do well to do the same. The best part is that if I need to have a "hard" copy, I can print out only what is needed for the task at hand. We are fortunate that Winnebago has elected to make these resources available for us on line.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 10:36 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Hiker/Tom, would one of you be able to give me a "walk thru" on how to do this. I use the burner on my PC, but have done music only. Do I need "data" discs?.. Any direction will be appreciated..Thanks...rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:07 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Data and music can be recorded or "burned" on the same discs whether they be cd or dvd. The software you burn music cd's with usually has the ability to copy data onto disc's also. If you download the .pdf files and save them to a temp folder on your computer. Then when you have all the docs you want burn them to a cd/dvd. Remember the dvd will store nearly 7 times as much info as a cd. you might want to make more than 1 copy also as cd/dvd's do get scratched, et
Old 02-11-2007, 11:18 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

rgrstndgby, you will probably do better if you make it a data disc. It will be read by more computers as a straight data disc. As Bill Gotthelf stated, download all the files you want into a temp folder. Then burn the entire contents of the folder to cd or dvd.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 12:02 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Bill and KazooTom, thanks for the info. I'll "give er a spin" .. I might be back...rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote