Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2008, 09:24 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

How do remove the television from a 1999 adventurer
Janel323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:24 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

How do remove the television from a 1999 adventurer
Old 05-14-2008, 10:56 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Well, I will take a shot. Remove the 3-4 screws holding the plastic bezel surrounding the front. That done you should see a metal band going around the set. There 'should' be a threaded rod on each side with nuts you can loosen to remove the set.

Note- IT IS HEAVY and I recommend 2-3 strong bodies to lift it out.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:23 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

That is what I am trying to find the screws holding the bezel I cannot see any it is a centre mount tv with cupboards on each side are the screws inside the cupboard thanks for your help
Old 05-14-2008, 01:18 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

IIRC, there are two on the bottom of the front bezel and maybe one on either side from inside the cabinets.

GL

Old 05-15-2008, 04:11 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks I am going to have to go over and take a look I cannot remember seeing any on the bottom but I will have a Look
Old 05-15-2008, 04:27 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

There is an oak trim piece on mine with four screws holding it on. The screws are behind domed wood plugs that can be pried out with a thin blade screw driver.
As Hamguy says the TV is held by a metal band with nuts that can be loosened.

I use a little silicon caulk on each plug when I put them back to keep them in place.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:44 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

While I am a fan of silicone caulks, Don't use it in RVs. It is nigh on impossible to remove and nothin sticks to it.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:48 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

I have had good luck keeping the beads in by wrapping with a tiny piece of masking tape ... then pressing them firmly back into place ...
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:30 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hamguy:
While I am a fan of silicone caulks, Don't use it in RVs. It is nigh on impossible to remove and nothin sticks to it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have removed the plugs a couple of times now with no problem. I just use a little dab to keep the plugs in place.

I do agree about it not being a very good caulk for most RV applications. I tend to use a Dicor type self leveling caulk or a butyl tape or butyl putty tape
Old 05-16-2008, 05:29 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

I use the silicone to hold the plugs in also -- the dab of silicone will will stick to the back of the plug and to the top of the screw. Have not had any problems with the plugs falling out.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:07 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Janel323:
That is what I am trying to find the screws holding the bezel I cannot see any it is a centre mount tv with cupboards on each side are the screws inside the cupboard thanks for your help </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes screws are in upper right and left hand corner
george & betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:00 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Those 'little round thingies' are "Bungs" and in the maritime world are/were used to dress the hole where a fastener has been used.
In the day of "Wooden Ships and Iron Men" the Bungs would be driven into the Bung Hole with a wood mallet and would stay put, until the wood dried from the hot Sun or dry weather.
In these times the Bungs are not made to fit tight into the Bung Hole and thus the modern man uses all kinds of contrived substances to secure the Bung in the Bung Hole.
Try to find a Bung that is slightly larger than the hole so it fits tightly.
You could strike the bung on a flat hard surface to cause it to spread so it fits but don't "glue it" or use other types or schemes to keep the Bung in place.
Do it right. Make her "Ship Shape and in Bristol Fashion".
The Bungs will pop out easier and will do their job.

Good Luck

Full Time 2003 Journey DL
CaptChet is offline   Reply With Quote