Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2015, 02:24 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Hey-lam... Bought one of these

2016 26he
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	560df6f0a6bd11e62360bb45.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	109801   Click image for larger version

Name:	560df6eea6bd11e62360bb3f.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	109802  

LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 02:36 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Is there a support group for compulsive motor home buyers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
2016 26he
Old 10-17-2015, 02:50 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
Is there a support group for compulsive motor home buyers?
I NEEDED a 6 speed
Old 10-17-2015, 02:59 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I NEEDED a 6 speed
Congratulations on the upgrade. Hope this works well for you and you have many enjoyable trips with it.
Old 10-17-2015, 03:36 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Congratulations on the upgrade. Hope this works well for you and you have many enjoyable trips with it.
thanks for the kind words..
Old 10-17-2015, 06:50 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
2016 26he
Looks just like my new 31be , 6-speed working well even on cruise control. Trying to figure out what I want to do first, steering stabilizer, rear track bar, or maybe sumos.

What do you think of the six speed vs your last vista?
jharrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 07:05 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Nice!! Congrats on another new rig! Are you going to put your 22.5" rims on it?
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 12:24 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by aauummm View Post
Nice!! Congrats on another new rig! Are you going to put your 22.5" rims on it?
I don't think they will work with the lowered body and small wheel wells...

I did keep them though...
Old 10-24-2015, 07:04 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

got the vista suncruiser delivered yesterday.....
bought it from mike thompsons rv in fountain valley california over the phone...

just have to say.... they make the deal smooth.. i never even looked at it or had to go there

I traded in a 15 5 speed for the 16 6 speed v-10

here's what else is different.... first,.. the body... it has a new lower body with a new front cap.... with that you get a hood that fits... also the storage compartments are taller.... also now the wheel wells fit the 19.5 tires..

on the inside....all the ceiling lights are wall switched led puck lights

also it comes with the drop down bed , so now there are 3 beds...
the swivel cocktail chair is a rocker that is free standing...

the in dash stereo plays dvd's for the tv... so no need to have a dvd player taking up a cabinet... or having to climp up on the seat to change movies

the walls are accent colored instead of white... looks sharp

they took the angle cabinett out of the over head sink cabinett....now the is ample room for cooking supplys.....

the dinette fabric is real plush ....and accent colors through out the coach
Old 10-24-2015, 07:36 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

That DVD player in the dash is tied into the park brake on my 31be, so kids can't watch DVDs on the road. What where they thinking, can get a defeat device for $25 and tap in or get blue ray player with hdmi and up scaling for $50, hmmm.

First motor home so getting used to driving but I think it needs rear track bar and centramatics first. Getting 7.5 mpg after a couple fill ups.

Go buy a surflo expansion tank for the water pump. Why they would leave out this $25 part which completely silences the water pump is beyond me.

Dog house seems to not fit tight on drivers side due to rubber mat they put on that side. Think I can hear more noise and feel more heat there will probably trim mat to fix.

Huge storage below due to high floors and lower body, love it.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:05 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

I'm changing out the stock radio for one with gps...and will wire it to work going down the road.... so far .... its a wind noise rattle trap...found where the front cap bangs on the metal frame..and all kinds of wind leaks...

took the oven door apart and de rattled it..fixed the rocking chair to be higher on the front so you don't slide out

some of the stuff they do
Old 10-26-2015, 06:27 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Windows seem to make the most noise on mine, they chirp where the sliding frame meets the stationary one in the middle. Wedging finger between them seem to stop it, need to find some kind of rubber spacer that still lets window open but keeps tight.

I am leaving stock dash radio in, I have iPad mount coming and will use that for GPS and engine monitoring and music. USB port on stock radio charges and understands iPad for music out. Got OBDLink MX to monitor engine and Dash command app with Ford extended codes add-on reads transmission temp and lots of other stuff. There is even a bluetooth TPMS system that works with iPad, might try that as well.

Trimmed mat on drivers side of doghouse, still couldn't get it to lay completely flat, put down 3/4" foam weather stripping under rubber gasket, worked great made much better seal and so far seems like less engine noise. Might do some Dynamat under doghouse and cockpit area later.

Definitely wind noise rattle trap, being first MH for me not much to compare to, have read lots here though so knew what to expect. Not sure how it compares to others, this stuff seems common based on posts here.

Think one of my rears is out of balance, guess they don't bother doing it back there, I see balance weights on the fronts only. Heard a lot of good things about centramatics though, supposedly can take the weights off. Oh yeah the balance weights seem to rub the wheel simulators so the simulators make all sorts of noise at low speed...
Old 10-26-2015, 07:46 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

There have been a lot of complaints regarding wind noise. Check the outside of the driver and passenger windows for the vent covers. They are little plastic pieces that cover each weep hole on the bottom edge. (I have four on each window). If they are missing, the wind will howl through those holes. They snap into place and fall out quite easily.

Also, I have had 6 of my overhead LED puck lights go out. Winnebego has sent me replacements. The lights were apparently constructed with lead-free solder and the solder is melting when the lights get hot.

Bill
2016 Itasca Sunstar LX 27n, unattractive brownish hue. 530 Watts roof mounted solar, 165 Watts portable solar, Winegard G2 Sat Antenna, Progressive Industries Surge Protector, TPMS, Sirius Satellite Radio.
superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:29 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to ed rzepka
Quote:
Originally Posted by jharrell View Post
Trimmed mat on drivers side of doghouse, still couldn't get it to lay completely flat, put down 3/4" foam weather stripping under rubber gasket, worked great made much better seal and so far seems like less engine noise. Might do some Dynamat under doghouse and cockpit area later.

What do mean by "trimmed mat". Is this an over the rug floor mat like the ones in trucks and cars?
ed rzepka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 02:56 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed rzepka View Post
What do mean by "trimmed mat". Is this an over the rug floor mat like the ones in trucks and cars?
There is no rug (carpet on doghouse only in whole coach), the vinyl floor ends right at the doghouse on the drivers side and there is a thick cushioned rubber mat over the metal floor up through pedals to firewall. On the passenger side the vinyl runs all the way up under the dash. The mat is about 1/8" higher than vinyl, so the drivers back corner of the doghouse that goes over the vinyl has a gap that seems to let engine noise and heat through.

Here is a pic from one fo sale, notice the black matt on drivers side vs none on passenger side, it goes up under doghouse lifting the side, can kind of see shadow on drivers side corner from gap:

Old 10-26-2015, 05:07 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharrell View Post
There is no rug (carpet on doghouse only in whole coach), the vinyl floor ends right at the doghouse on the drivers side and there is a thick cushioned rubber mat over the metal floor up through pedals to firewall. On the passenger side the vinyl runs all the way up under the dash. The mat is about 1/8" higher than vinyl, so the drivers back corner of the doghouse that goes over the vinyl has a gap that seems to let engine noise and heat through.

Here is a pic from one fo sale, notice the black matt on drivers side vs none on passenger side, it goes up under doghouse lifting the side, can kind of see shadow on drivers side corner from gap:

mine just finished production.....mine doesn't leak... maybe factory fixed it...
Old 10-26-2015, 05:16 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

also... on the drivers side windshield wiper there is a plate that bangs on the front cap......
also I completely eliminated the wind noise.....the cap on the windshield pillers does not have silicone caulking... top or bottom.....I sealed that and the bottom of the windshield....noise gone....

I changed out the stereo today for a kenwood that plays movies while driving and has gps

got a new set of bilstien blue shocks waiting to go on and some sumo's

again I'd like to mention that I get any shocks I want for free and the best is bilstien
Old 10-26-2015, 05:41 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
got the vista suncruiser delivered yesterday.....

I traded in a 15 5 speed for the 16 6 speed v-10:
This new model is as good looking as your 2012 pure white... actually, even better.

Are the suspension components the same?
Is there a need for new Bistein? CHF... or Sumo?

Congrats
Old 10-26-2015, 06:16 PM   #19
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
mine just finished production.....mine doesn't leak... maybe factory fixed it...
Interesting, is the dog house clamped down over the mat? I could put my finger up under the drivers side, while the passenger side was flat on vinyl floor.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:31 PM   #20
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
got a new set of bilstien blue shocks waiting to go on and some sumo's

:
Got my answer