Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2007, 12:13 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

I am on the road ... we have a 2004 Winnebago Journey

My radio is dead (the company installed Magnadyne M9900 )

I called Winnebago customer support before they closed on Friday ... they told me to check the circuit breakers under the front hood ... I did that ... circuit breaker was not popped ...

They also suggested that I check the connection harness to the radio ... to see if there was power to this point ... when I read the radio manual I found out the radio is mounted in a sleeve and can be removed through the front of the dash ... but I can't figure it out

So I need some help from someone I can not figure out how to remove the radio to check the connector behind the radio ...

I can remember a thread on this bulletin board concerning replacing the radio ... so someone must know how to get this one out of the dash ... I can't figure it out ...

PS. What radio did you switch to when you replaced the Magnadyne?

Thanks
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:13 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I am on the road ... we have a 2004 Winnebago Journey

My radio is dead (the company installed Magnadyne M9900 )

I called Winnebago customer support before they closed on Friday ... they told me to check the circuit breakers under the front hood ... I did that ... circuit breaker was not popped ...

They also suggested that I check the connection harness to the radio ... to see if there was power to this point ... when I read the radio manual I found out the radio is mounted in a sleeve and can be removed through the front of the dash ... but I can't figure it out

So I need some help from someone I can not figure out how to remove the radio to check the connector behind the radio ...

I can remember a thread on this bulletin board concerning replacing the radio ... so someone must know how to get this one out of the dash ... I can't figure it out ...

PS. What radio did you switch to when you replaced the Magnadyne?

Thanks
Old 01-06-2007, 12:51 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Somewhere in your big, black bag, you should have 2 u-shaped wire "thingees". The wire is coat hanger size and the opening of the "U" inserts in the small holes on either side of the radio panel. Push them in the holes and they release the radio so you can pull it out. If you can't find them, you can get them a Walmart - I believe they're labeled as being for Ford, but they fit the Magnadyne.

However, before you go to that trouble, there's a small reset button somewhere on the left side of the faceplate. You push it with a ball-point pen or paperclip.

Mine went totally dead this summer. I tried the reset and it didn't help, so I just did without. When I got home and put it in storage, I hit the battery disconnect. Went back a few days later to take out the radio, reconnected the batteries and wouldn't you know it, the radio worked fine. And has continued to work. So you might try that also... Good luck!
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:55 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Forgot to mention - if you just want to get to the wiring harness, open the compartment below the radio, push down on the metal catch that stops the compartment and it will pivot right down to the floor. That gives you plenty of room to reach in from below the radio and unplug the harness.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:42 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Tom ...

What a fantastic helper you are ...

I put Radio Power on AUX ... turned off AUX Power .. then turned on AUX Power ... pushed in the Reset ...

And the radio came to life ...

Now we can listen to the radio tomorrow ... and my wife will not have to listen to my singing ...

Thanks a million ... I owe you a brewski if we ever meet ... matter of fact I owe you a brewski even if we don't ever meet ...

Old 01-06-2007, 02:35 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Hey! Glad that worked for you. My wife wishes I had found that trick earlier...our radio failed when we were at OSH for Airventure and she had to listen to my best Willie Nelson, "On the road again.." all the way out to Oregon and back to FL (didn't get back home till after Thankdgiving.) She probably needs the brweski more than me!!
Old 02-07-2007, 02:15 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skigramp:
I put Radio Power on AUX ... turned off AUX Power .. then turned on AUX Power ... pushed in the Reset ...

And the radio came to life ...
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you put the radio on AUX power?