Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2006, 09:18 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

My coach (see Sig.) has the entertainment center behind the passenger seat with the 32" "built-in" RCA TV. It also has, in the cabinet above, the selector box for various needs, AUX, SAT, CABLE, ANT, for TV's 1, 2, and 3. Also, the selector switch for the dash radio/TV speakers. Also, the ANT. boost switch. I have a VHS/DVD combo player, and the SAT receiver in there.
My question....
Is there a way to hookup wireless headphones for the sound "without" removing, or not having to get behind, the TV?

Thanks,
David
2002 W-22 266"wb, Winnebago Chieftain 39T, UltraPower, Koni's, Helwig bars, Nuvi 660, Sirius, Scan Gauge II, Sentry TM. 2003 LW300 Saturn toad, Sterling towbar & Apollo brake. And Hannah the Princess and Stevie the Dude!
Daysu47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 09:18 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

My coach (see Sig.) has the entertainment center behind the passenger seat with the 32" "built-in" RCA TV. It also has, in the cabinet above, the selector box for various needs, AUX, SAT, CABLE, ANT, for TV's 1, 2, and 3. Also, the selector switch for the dash radio/TV speakers. Also, the ANT. boost switch. I have a VHS/DVD combo player, and the SAT receiver in there.
My question....
Is there a way to hookup wireless headphones for the sound "without" removing, or not having to get behind, the TV?

Thanks,
David
2002 W-22 266"wb, Winnebago Chieftain 39T, UltraPower, Koni's, Helwig bars, Nuvi 660, Sirius, Scan Gauge II, Sentry TM. 2003 LW300 Saturn toad, Sterling towbar & Apollo brake. And Hannah the Princess and Stevie the Dude!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:43 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

David,

If your TV has an earphone jack in front, you should be able to use that. However, on most TV's inserting earphones will shut off set's speakers. Not sure if this also affects the audio output going from the back of the set to the amp. The earphone jack is a variable output, so you would have to adjust it down some to keep the signal to the wireless from being distorted.

Another option would be to insert RCA Y connectors either on the back of the set or where the audio enters the remote Amp. I plan on trying this approach when I get the time.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:20 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

We tried wireless headphones and for us they really didn't work. First off they cut off the speakers so only the person wearing the headphones could hear. Maybe that's the point but we wanted to be able to turn down the sound somewhat if you get my drift.
The other thing we had happening was interference from other remotes or wireless things including outside our coach. After missing the best part of a show or the punch line we gave up the wireless.
We did plug it all in to the front of the TV though. That was the easy part.
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 04:28 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

The best way is to access the rear of the TV and plug into the LR audio out jacks

If you have the "famous" Winnie non-surround sound "Q-Surround" you could bridge into the input to that amp.

Perhaps there is a way of using the DVD/VHS player for your audio out signal to feed the wireless headphone transmitter. This of course means that you need to be watching the TV through the player. Or you can use the audio out of the Sat receiver. I think you have several options.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 04:51 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the "famous" Winnie non-surround sound "Q-Surround" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean the little speakers (6) hanging from the ceiling??
So what your saying is all I need to plug into is an audio "OUT" jack and us that device to for the TV, or, mainly listen to the DVD with the headphones.

Thanks for all the input, no pun intented. LOL

David
Old 06-02-2006, 08:38 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

We had those EL Cheapo ones mounted under the side cabinets. They were also recced into bottom of the cabinets. Volime control had to be replaced. Could not trace the speakers wires from speakers to rear of TV. Did find the 10 Cent AMP they used and unplugged it from TV set. If I could have traced the wires to speaker I would have upgraded them and put in a better AMP.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 02:13 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

David - if you have the Q-Surround (an amplifier that drives all of the little speakers and woofer), you can buy a one to many audio bridge/splitter/whatever they call it. Mine is located in the basement compartment under the driver's seat.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 05:58 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">(an amplifier that drives all of the little speakers and woofer), you can buy a one to many audio bridge/splitter/whatever they call it. Mine is located in the basement compartment under the driver's seat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh?????

Anyway, I hooked up the cables to the remote headphones to the econdary "other" audio output connections on the DVD/VCR and, da da, my DW is extremely happy. Guess what is goin ta happen tonight?????

Thanks for all yer input.

David