Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2020, 09:16 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Getting Behind my Primary TV

I'm trying to figure out how to get to the back of my primary TV in the main room of the RV? I'd like to see if there's any HDMI connections available to connect a Roku. It's mounted in a cabinet with literally no room to even get your fingers in along the side, top or bottom of the TV. Anyone know how these TVs are mounted (swing out door with a latch maybe)? I know the smaller bedroom TV is mounted on a three or four-inch wide hook. It does not have any HDMI connections available. Final question - I know there's a six-to-eight inch wide hook shelf on the exterior passenger side of the RV. Can the main TV be carried outside to hook up and watch? Where would the cables come from? There is a radio with speakers in a little cubbie beside the side door. Any help would be appreciated.
JD
JDHarrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 07:39 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

In case it's helpful, here's the TV/DVD Wiring Installation diagram and the TV Coax Wiring Diagram for your coach.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 09:59 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

JD, I have a couple thoughts but I'm not an owner of an Aspect.

Inside the cabinets on the side of the TV is there a latch on the interior of the cabinet?

Underneath the TV is there a button/latch/rod that would disconnect the TV at the bottom so it could be lifted up and out?

If it were me and I could not get to the back of the TV I would get an automatic HDMI switch and install it at the back of the entertainment center.

Some HDMI Switches

Manual on 2010 Aspect
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 10:31 AM   #4
Site Team

The 2010 Aspect Operator's Manual section 8-2 on Entertainment says there is a knob on the bottom of the TV that you push up to release the TV from the mount.

Is this not how your TV is setup?

Here's the link to the 2010 Aspect Operator's Manual:

https://winnebagoind.com/resources/m...0/10Aspect.pdf

And here's a screen shot of the TV mount operation in the Entertainment section of the manual:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 11.28.38 AM.png
Views:	112
Size:	212.4 KB
ID:	175355  
Old 10-17-2020, 04:11 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Copy cat!
Old 10-17-2020, 07:28 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Appreciate the entertainment channel chapter. I just went out and checked and it's spot on for the 15" bedroom TV. It has a knob underneath the TV to disconnect it. It's the one you can mount outside and can connect to power and cable in the outside radio cubbie. Evidently the previous owner threw away the power adapter and cable cord, but I can easily wire up a replacement set (although watching such a small TV outside seems less than ideal. I also searched the side and bottom of the front living room TV and there's no latches or knobs I can push, pull or wiggle to swing out that TV, so the search continues on how to get behind this TV.
Old 10-17-2020, 09:05 PM   #7
Site Team

Perhaps if you attach a photo. We've had good luck previously with questions like this, but it helps to see what you see.

I'll go ahead and mention what we've seen before - a small piece of wood trim and top and on the left side. These turned out to be removable by unscrewing a couple of places along the trim and then with the trim removed the TV could be lifted up and sideways to release it.

That could be totally not applicable as we haven't seen the way it's set up.
Old 10-17-2020, 10:00 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Okay! Here is last resort advice. Call Winnebago with the serial number of the MH and ask them how to get to the back of the TV. I have found them to be accomodating when I have called on my prevous '08 and now my '15. The worse you can get for asking is a "no!"

*(800) 537-1885‬
Old 10-21-2020, 04:51 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

JDHarrin, looking at at the 2011 28B 3D drawing there appears to be two cross braces attached to the back of the TV. On each side of the TV there appears to be plates attached to these cross braces that are attached to the side walls of the TV enclosure. With bolts or screws that you can reach from the inside of the cabinets on each side.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 07:57 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
JDHarrin, looking at at the 2011 28B 3D drawing there appears to be two cross braces attached to the back of the TV. On each side of the TV there appears to be plates attached to these cross braces that are attached to the side walls of the TV enclosure. With bolts or screws that you can reach from the inside of the cabinets on each side.

The Jensen mount appears to go behind the front trim pieces so that front trim would have to come out first unless the entire assembly with its wooden braces behind the Jensen mount and front trim has screws accessible from the two side cabinets making it so it all can be slid out as a unit, Its possible too that the headliner over the drivers seats may have to taken down to access the back of the set if the wires are not long enough to pull it out with the still attached.

Best bet would be for the OP to call Winnebago Customer Support on the Phone and talk to a tech. They will many times send you a detailed drawing showing exactly how things are built. Be sure to have the serial number since the on-line parts catalog from 2010 appears to indicate that there may have been mid year changes.

2010 Parts Listing for Drivers Entertainment Area: http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/...28b_driver.pdf

2011 3D Drawings: https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/2011/171180.htm

Be thankful when you have a newer coach without the near to 200 lb Glass CRT Analog TV's we still have in our older coaches such as my 2001.
Old 10-22-2020, 09:21 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

You people with newer units are really missing out. My 2005 TV is a 100 pound CRT.
Rick 99037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 09:27 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Talking

I have a 2011 Aspect, and wondered the same thing, as I wanted to upgrade the set.....after staring at it, and going all around it and the cabinets, I found NO access from the sides or bottom....The solution was absurdly simple...there are two narrow trim strips running vertically down the wood "picture frame" that surrounds the set... pop those off carefully with a putty knife, they are held on by staple-like tiny metal thingies, and come off quite easily, once you get your nerve up...(I still have no idea how these staples were installed, as they do not penetrate anywhere through anything else besides halfway through the very thin trim pieces and 1/4" into the frame surrounding the TV.
You will discover 4 recessed phillips head screws. Remove them, and the frame can drop down an inch and then off completely, revealing the whole TV, which then is removed by taking out six screws that attach a metal subframe to the brackets from which you just unscrewed the picture frame....This is really an elegant and bombproof system, strong as hell... The only inelegance is the final blind-staple trim attachment, but I forgive!
The subframe is attached to the VESA mounts on the TV.
What I did then was to attach a cheap ($14-Amazon) full extension TV mount to a board bolted to the subframe, and a 32" Roku Vizio TV to THAT. Replace the picture frame, and I have a much larger state-of-the-art smart TV which can pull out about a foot or so and rotate to face the viewers....
You must of course attach the full extension mount at the right height, and the set nests almost perfectly, even though it's larger than its predecessor...I love it...
StanCanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 10:45 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Would love some photos of you set up, and maybe a parts list. Appreciate the info!
Old 11-01-2020, 03:31 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
In case it's helpful, here's the TV/DVD Wiring Installation diagram and the TV Coax Wiring Diagram for your coach.
Curious where you might of obtained the drawing. I have a 2009 Journey I just bought and I want to do a lot of up grading to the stereo, Sat system etc and wanted to know where all the wiring came form. Just picked it up a few days ago and I found in the back closed a big female panel with blank RCA jack and the a cable up there marked Sat system. Maybe that is a input area for Sat, Dvr etc
HollywoodGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 07:07 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollywoodGT View Post
Curious where you might of obtained the drawing. I have a 2009 Journey I just bought and I want to do a lot of up grading to the stereo, Sat system etc and wanted to know where all the wiring came form. Just picked it up a few days ago and I found in the back closed a big female panel with blank RCA jack and the a cable up there marked Sat system. Maybe that is a input area for Sat, Dvr etc
Here are the wiring diagrams for your coach (from the Winnebago website): 2009 Journey 39Z Wiring

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote