Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-04-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Fantastic TV Solution

I am seriously considering moving the TV from between the captains chairs to down in front of the couch up against the window on our Suncruiser.

http://www.inca-tvlifts.com/index.php?model_number=900814&model_code=-32
I have a 21" on a stand there now when we are not traveling and the solution on this link leads me to the best way to move the TV. With this solution I can install the lift cabinet which is a small one for a 32" TV up agains the wall where the little fold down table is behind passenger coach chair.
This would hide it from would be intruders who might see a new LCD as a high target reason to break into our coach and it also puts the viewing angle straight in front of us which has been fantastic as of late with the small TV. Bending the neck to see the big TV is nuts. Anyway, as I said, this is for a 32 inch so if I get a 1080 resolution TV I can use it for a home theater system and another workstation as well, I'm an IT guy.
Have a look and let me know what your thoughts are. I think feedback on this would be great. I may also buy the lift and build a simple cabinet or have a simple one built. The furniture cabinets are way too costly but this is a geat model to work from.

INCA Television Lifts, Automatic Lifts, Home Theater Automation
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TVLift.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	3637  
kcaravelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Sorry, I should have taken the name out of the picture. It is always so suspicious and people think you are pushing products. Not so here, just looking for solutions.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:56 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Just to throw an idea at ya, I removed an entertainment center in our coach from the living room, Pic 2a, and then mounted the LCD 42" on the wall in a frame, Pic 13. Then we changed the LR AGAIN, because we removed the dinette table so we had to removed the TV from the wall and put it on a remote electric mount that lets it swing out 90 degrees from the wall so we could see the TV from the new Euro recliner. To see click on Pic 14 and look at the gallery of pic's.

Pictures are in the Photo's section in the top toolbar and under daysu47.

Just an idea.

Good luck.
2002 W-22 266"wb, Winnebago Chieftain 39T, UltraPower, Koni's, Helwig bars, Nuvi 660, Sirius, Scan Gauge II, Sentry TM. 2003 LW300 Saturn toad, Sterling towbar & Apollo brake. And Hannah the Princess and Stevie the Dude!
Daysu47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:09 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Sounds interesting but I have no idea where the pictures you speak of are located.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:02 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcaravelli View Post
Sounds interesting but I have no idea where the pictures you speak of are located.
Go to the top of any page to the green bar just under the header picture & hover your cursor on the Photos tab. Click on Member Galleries. Scroll about half way down & on the right you will see a small grey box with the word go next to it. Type in Daysu47 & click on go. This will bring up their listing. Click on the photo on the right in that row & it'll take you to their gallery & you can see the photos he's referencing.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:03 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Couldn't have said it better myself, thanks Lori.
2002 W-22 266"wb, Winnebago Chieftain 39T, UltraPower, Koni's, Helwig bars, Nuvi 660, Sirius, Scan Gauge II, Sentry TM. 2003 LW300 Saturn toad, Sterling towbar & Apollo brake. And Hannah the Princess and Stevie the Dude!
Old 04-08-2010, 05:12 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Good instructions, thanks Lori.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:14 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Days....very nicely done. How big is that monitor and can you tell me basically how you did it? I am probably going with a bigger monitor...I'm thinking 32" but I would be interested in which swing are you used and how easy/hard it was to do.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:44 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Thanks, it really came out nice as you see. Long story short, we replaced the big entertainment center with a wall mounted LCD secured to the wall. The TV could be seen from the couch very well, but when we replaced out dinette with a euro recliner, we needed another mount to be able to see the TV from ALL of the living room.

I found this mount on the internet, a LAVA LVM601 motorized mount at S-Arm LVM-601 Motorized Swivel Mount and just love it. A little pricey but well worth it. The website will show all.

The important thing, if you are mounting it on the wall, OR, ceiling, is get a copy of the ceiling and wall structure from Winnebago to determine where all the studs are. In my case I needed to mount it off center of the studs so I secured a 3/16" alum. plate to the wall, covered it with matching wallpaper, then mounted the TV mount to the plate. I attached a lock bracket to the wall and TV so when RV is in motion, the TV does not move. I also, using velcro, attached the remote control to the back of the TV to ensure TV was locked before moving RV. Entire project, new motorized mount, took one day. RV is behind my shop so everything needed was close and available.

As you will read on the website this mount can be used on the wall or ceiling but will hold more weight on the wall. My TV in the picture is a 37" Sharp. All wiring etc. is contained in wiring sheath and goes into cabinet where the electronics are.

I hope this will give you some ideas to work with. If you need more detail just PM me and will give ya all info, and experience, I have.

Good luck,