Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-01-2007, 06:04 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I am planning to replace the factory radio. Does anyone know the pin outs for the radio speaker and power connections? I looked through all of the wiring diagrams and could not find the specifics.

Thanks for your help.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:04 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I am planning to replace the factory radio. Does anyone know the pin outs for the radio speaker and power connections? I looked through all of the wiring diagrams and could not find the specifics.

Thanks for your help.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:18 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BigRedLancer:

Thanks for your help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bought a new Sony to replace the old Sony in my previous coach in the hopes that the harness would be the same however it was not. I did find that there was an adapter between the dash radio and the Winnebago wiring harness. I cheated and took the old wiring adapter and the new plug provided with the new Sony radio to Circuit City and $10 later I had the harness matched up/assembled by their mobile sound guys and guaranteed to work.

It was about a 5 minute job after that to get everything plugged in and back together. I upgraded the old coach to a more modern Sony Explode with wireless remote control which worked even from the rear bedroom. Those that thought the extra money for a dash radio with a remote was silly sang a different tune once they had the remote in their hands.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:05 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
I replaced mine, too. I could never figure out how to tune it in and I couldn't read the clock. I replaced it with a Pioneer. I spliced the speaker wires in (it only took 3 tries because I am color blind). The color coding for speaker wires appears to be standardized. Match up the colors and you should be good to go.

I got one with a remote, too. I was thinking it was silly feature, but that's the way all of the ones I looked at were. After I installed it, I found that it's the best feature of the new radio. I can operate it without having to bend over while I am driving. My wife, who is more than 6 feet from it while riding can also tune it in, change to a CD, adjust the volume, etc.

It's a great feature for the coach. I may change the outside radio, too.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:04 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Guess I am not the only one. Replaced the in-dash Panasonic with a Sony CDX-GT310. Two reasons, 1) plays MP3/WMA files, 2) Remote. No more leaning over and fiddling with the radio as I go down the road. Now looking at an upgrade to the AM/FM/Cassette outside. Thought about using the Panasonic, but would not have the MP3/WMA capability. Probably get another Sony. Biggest question is does it have to be a Marine Grade like is in it now? Is behind a door with a gasket, and the actual unit is "inside" the coach. Marine Radio adds another $30-$40 to the price. Read all the past posts and one suggests that a Marine Grade radio is not required. What do you all think?
Old 07-14-2007, 11:52 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Does anyone have, or know the $$ of the new Jensen VR-182 RV radio? I don't like the Magnadyne, never have, and now it randomly turns itself off.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:50 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Jeff,

My Magnadyne was randomly turning itself off when we drove as well -- had the dealer replace it with a new one (after arguing with them - they said they couldn't repeat it). So far so good. Would shut itself off at least once per hour.

I too am interested in the Jensen radio -- interested in other's replies on this topic.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:31 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Update on the Jensen VR-182 radio mentioned above. I called the apparent one & only distributor today, and the unit is $249, Steering Wheel Remote: $22. and Credit Card Remote: $18.50.

What I don't know is if the existing Sirus receiver works with this radio. The mating unit they sell is a model DLP-2500 that sounds like a pretty generic number. I'll try and get over to storage tonight and contort myself under the dash to check.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:38 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Go to the Magnadyne web site. Have your model # and they have wiring diagrams...Good Luck
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote