Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2005, 03:14 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

I have an 05 Journey 39F. The outside radio has stopped working. I was hoping someone could me some insight as to what or where to look.

Thanks
tmarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 03:14 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I have an 05 Journey 39F. The outside radio has stopped working. I was hoping someone could me some insight as to what or where to look.

Thanks
Old 12-20-2005, 04:01 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

First, you'll need to pull the external entertainment center face board off, which will allow you to get to the wires in the back. Here you'll want to check the fuse and then check to see if you have 12 volts. If the fuse is OK, still check to see if you have 12 volts. If you have 12 volts at the fuse and the incoming wire, then your Radio took a crap, which is not unusual.

If you don't 12 volts at the incoming wire and fuse, then you have to check the main 12 volt panel in the front of the coach where you access the generator. Here you need to get your owners manual out and find the section on Fuse Panels and locate the fuse or breaker that serves the external entertainment center. My coach has a circuit breaker, your coach should be the same.

If the breaker is tripped, reset it. If there is a fuse, get the correct size according to the manual and replace it.

It you find that the breaker trips or the fuse blows again, there is a short some where and you'll have to track it down.

Also, if your radio is like mine, you have a remote control for it somewhere in your coach. A lot of owners don't know about this control and it never gets used. Once you find it, put some velcro on it and the entertainment face panel, so you can store at the radio.

Once you find out what the problem was, come back to this topic and tell us.

radarr
Old 12-20-2005, 04:42 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the insight. I will see if I can track it down this weekend. One question though, how do I get the face off of the radio. The manual mentions a "tool" to release the brackets, but I do not have this "tool". Any other thoughts.

Tim
Old 12-21-2005, 01:51 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Look in your black Winnie Info bag, that's where mine was. -Or you can pick up the "tool" at most auto parts stores; -sorta looks like a U-shaped wire.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:56 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

These "handles" are for the in-dash radio only.

They are Not for the outside entertainment system radio.

Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 02:55 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

tmarin,

There should be for washer head screws, one at each corner of the Et center's front panel. A very simple assembly. The radio and speakers are mounted on the in this panel. Once you remove them, the whole unit comes right out.

I'm goint to my coach later tonight, I'll confirm this.

radarr
Old 12-21-2005, 03:37 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Have you checked the battery shut off switch? It may have been turned off accidently. Or check for a blown fuse possibly.
dawg is offline   Reply With Quote