Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2016, 11:22 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

DVD coach in motion interlock

I have a 2016 Vista 30T I was able to clear the DVD player interlock by setting a releasing the emergency brake interlock several times. The dealer tech figured out that I had to energize the ignition to clear the interlock. When I tried it at home, as soon as I energized the ignition, the hydraulic levelers retracted. Followup with my dealer revealed that Winnebago does not consider this a problem. I do not know about other owners, but I do not intend to reset my jacks every time I want to watch a DVD movie.
hfbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 12:21 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

The interlock should be between the vehicle ignition and the front TV -- ie, no watching TV or movies while driving. When stopped, certainly with the jacks down, there should be no interlock. If there is, that is where the problem lies.
mgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 04:46 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
as silly as it may sound try plugging in the DVD player to the other socket in that outlet. others have reported success in defeating the interlock doing this. if that doesn't work consider using an extension cord to reach a different outlet or having the interlock removed.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:00 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

hfbundy, Your dash radio/dvd and jacks are working normal. Both system use the parking brake along with ignition switch in run as a safety interlock. On your coach if your dvd player locks out it is looking for a transition from 12vdc to ground to reset the lockout (see picture from the manual below). Our coach works the some except for the lockout reset. Remember it takes both parking brake released and ignition switch in run to cause the jacks to come up or lockout the DVD player. The ignition switch must be in run to supply the 12VDC to the parking brake to cause the reset.
Don't understand the comment "but I do not intend to reset my jacks every time I want to watch a DVD movie"
Hope this makes some sense.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DVD Interlock.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	266.4 KB
ID:	115596  
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:30 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Your jacks are working properly also. If the engine is running and you have the jacks down then release the parking brake, the jacks are suppose to come up.
Read the owners manual, you will be amazed as to what it tells you.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:14 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
hfbundy, Your dash radio/dvd and jacks are working normal. Both system use the parking brake along with ignition switch in run as a safety interlock. On your coach if your dvd player locks out it is looking for a transition from 12vdc to ground to reset the lockout (see picture from the manual below). Our coach works the some except for the lockout reset. Remember it takes both parking brake released and ignition switch in run to cause the jacks to come up or lockout the DVD player. The ignition switch must be in run to supply the 12VDC to the parking brake to cause the reset.
Don't understand the comment "but I do not intend to reset my jacks every time I want to watch a DVD movie"
Hope this makes some sense.
Sir, you just addressed the DVD player interlock. On the 2016 Vista, there is an interlock which retracts the jacks when the emergency brake is released with the ignition on. Therefore every time I want to reset the DVD player interlock, I have to reset my jacks. I realize that this might not be an inconvenience for Winnebago, but it sure is for me.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:22 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

hfbundy, when is the DVD player locking out? As long as the ignition switch is off or the parking brake is engaged when you play the DVD player it should not lock out.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:42 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

As someone said the interlock shoudl ber on the TV not the DVD but if it is malfunctioning (Ignition on TV off, Ignition off TV on is normal function) find the weird outlet in the electronics bay (the TV should be plugged into it) move any plugs to a DIFFERENT outlet, even if you need to invest in an outlet strip or multiple outlet adapter.

NOTE: Now I know you will not run the TV while driving... After all you have a bunch of bucks invested in that rolling house and that kind of distracted driving can ruin it. (And you, and spouse) so you are not going to do it. Thus there is no safety hazard.

BUT... Federal law requires the TV be plugged into said stupid interlock so by moving the plug you break the law.. I post this so that you know.. As I said, I know you are not going to watch TV going down the road..
Old 01-04-2016, 06:06 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

OP's issue is with the DVD player in the dash radio getting locked out and it is a pain in the a$$ to get it unlocked. On the Vista 30T the dash DVD player feeds the main TV.

Sent from my iPhone
Grant & Pat
2014 Adventurer 35P
2013 Jeep Wangler
Old 01-04-2016, 07:30 PM   #10
JBP
Winnie-Wise

Did you try switching the radio switch to house? I think that will resolve the problem if it is the DVD player in the in dash radio. I did not realize that that was the DVD payer for the entertainment system. It is not on my Cambria.
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:37 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

JBP, The radio power switch is my thinking also, waiting for some more input from OP.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:17 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
hfbundy, when is the DVD player locking out? As long as the ignition switch is off or the parking brake is engaged when you play the DVD player it should not lock out.
It is locked out with the ignition off. I turn the DVD player on with the dash switch and have to turn the ignition on and cycle the emergency brake to clear the interlock. When I release the emergency brake with the ignition on, the other interlock retracts the jacks and if I want to watch a movie with the jacks down, I have to start the engine on extend the jacks. This will have to be repeated every time I turn the DVD player off. I have referred this to my dealer and he has not offered a satisfactory solution. My TV is in the living room and does not have a power interlock. Nevertheless, my dealer has refused to jumper out the DVD interlock. If I cannot get Winnebago to fix this design problem, I will purchase a separate DVD player.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:01 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Have you called Winnebago Customer Support? I have called them in the past and they have always been helpful. Perhaps a call to them explaining the problem you are encountering and the multiple cycling of brake/ignition will yield some helpful answers.

I hope you can resolve this quickly.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:34 AM   #14
JBP
Winnie-Wise

I agree with TomandGloria I have found Winnebago extremely helpful. I have called them a lot. Several times they pointed me to the correct location in the supplements and the information was there. The last time was last month when the strut on one of my doors went bad. They sent info on how to release the strut from the attachment on the door. If you call make sure you have your coach vin.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:15 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

hfbundy, I checked with my contact at Winnebago and this is a know issue and they are evaluating the problem. Has to do with the Dash/DVD player requiring a double pulse from the parking brake to allow the DVD to play.
I send you a PM with what I would do.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:58 AM   #16
JBP
Winnie-Wise

So it is a known problem. Why not just get a blue ray. After Christmas sales will lessen the cost. You can play the new and the old on the new players.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:29 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfbundy View Post
It is locked out with the ignition off. I turn the DVD player on with the dash switch and have to turn the ignition on and cycle the emergency brake to clear the interlock. When I release the emergency brake with the ignition on, the other interlock retracts the jacks and if I want to watch a movie with the jacks down, I have to start the engine on extend the jacks. This will have to be repeated every time I turn the DVD player off. I have referred this to my dealer and he has not offered a satisfactory solution. My TV is in the living room and does not have a power interlock. Nevertheless, my dealer has refused to jumper out the DVD interlock. If I cannot get Winnebago to fix this design problem, I will purchase a separate DVD player.
My dealer responded today. Winnebago acknowledges the problem, but will not fix mine. They have changed the design on those units they are now building. My dealer, Roy Robinson RV, will try to come up with a fix for mine without any help from Winnebago. This is my second Winnebago Vista in 5 years. My opinion of Winnebago has dropped dramatically.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:53 PM   #18
JBP
Winnie-Wise

Sorry to hear that Winnebago will not fix the problem. Good luck and keep us posted if a fix is found.