Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2021, 01:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Door handle light

Has anyone here installed a light in your main entrance door handle? Mine looks like it should have a light but doesn't.
Grimmy3290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 12:46 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmy3290 View Post
Has anyone here installed a light in your main entrance door handle? Mine looks like it should have a light but doesn't.
I did. I ran a wire off the porch light and bought two little LED marker lights at an auto parts store. I put one in each end of the handle. I think if I were doing it over I would get a more powerful LED, maybe one that changes color.

2016 Winnebago Adventurer 37F
scottybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 08:23 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

On my 2004 Adventurer 35U I replaced mine with:

132442-07-01A HANDLE

Ordered from Lichtsinn Motors. Was around $47. Didn't know at the time but it came with Itasca engraved on it. Not sure if they have one with nothing engraved on it or Winnebago. There sales support should know.

Wasn't hard to install. Had to drill small hole to route the wire. I have it wired with the porch light. The hole I had to drill got me right to where the porch light switch was.

I looked at my old handle and it didn't like I could get any LEDs in it. Besides the chrome was flaking of its ends.

Why I was add it I replaced my porch light with an LED bulb. I did that with all my compartment lights as well. I did many of the inside bulbs also.
Old 07-30-2021, 12:01 PM   #4
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmy3290 View Post
Here’s the light, which you can buy in various colors.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And here’s the handle, which you can also get in various styles.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tags
door, light