Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2018, 05:51 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Dish Tailgater Pro on Forza Roof

I have a ‘15 Forza 34T and want to mount the King quick release for the Tailgator Pro onto the roof. There is a label on the roof that says “Drill a 1.5” hole no more than 3/4” deep” to get the prewired Cables for the dish. Does anyone know what I will find when I drill this hole? There are three antenna connections below the tv. I know the far right one goes to the “satellite in” from the power bay (even though it is marked “to rear tv”). Do both of the other two go direct to the roof? If so, then where does the Rear TV satellite cable go? How long are the wires?

Also, what size and type of Screw should I use to mount to the roof? 1” stainless sheet metal screws?

Any insight from someone who has done this previously would be much appreciated!
Old 09-08-2018, 07:31 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

There will be 2 coax ends and a 12 VDC end underneath the "drill here" hole. One coax goes to the rear TV area usually on a wall plate marked SAT TV and other to a front TV area to usually on a wall plate marked SAT TV. The ends are in a pocket that is on the inside ceiling side of the foam sandwiched between the ceiling side and the roof side. You will be able to poke thru the foam to expose the pocket once you drill thru the Filon and 3/16" plywood layers.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 01:20 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

So I cut a 1.25" hole in my roof where it was marked and found a 4x4 styrofoam "box" about 3" deep. Though the marking on the rood said that the Cables were below this box, they were actually on the side to the front. I punched through the styrofoam and after a bit of struggle, pulled the two Coax cables out. One had one orange band and the other had two orange bands. They were 8-10" in length, so I decided to mount the Tailgater Pro backwards so that the cables would reach. There were also two other wires supposedly 12v but I did not pull them out. I filled the box with Great Stuff foam and put the King Cable cover over the hole. The roof is only 3/16" plywood, so I used #10 3/4" long metal screws to mount everything. I covered every screw with Dicor 501 and also lined the cable cover. The first of three Coax connectors under the TV was the single orange band. I hook up the Wally to it and the Tailgater started to move.

Success!

I'm not 100% sure where the second 2-orange band coax goes; whether to the bedroom above the bed or to the center connector under the front tv. I know the third coax is for the power bay connection. So now when the roof mount southern view is blocked, it is only a five minute job to remove the Tailgater and reposition it using the power bay connection.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:51 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Gormleys, the 2 orange band cable goes to the center connector in the plate under the TV. See sheet 3 in the link below.
https://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram...ire_185626.pdf
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish, roof