Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2020, 04:55 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Dish and Cell?

Has anyone modified there Dish to accommodate a We-boost cell antenna? Any thoughts?
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 08:39 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

What kind of Dish, and what are you trying to accomplish? There's no reasonable way I can think of to modify one in a dome.
SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 12:42 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Assuming it is the metal arm type mounting for the Dish and you would ike to use the same arm for the cell?
I could think up different ways to make a "stand-off type mount but I also might not do it.
Electronics have lots of weird ways to kill our fun and one is the way different frequencies can interfere with each other. So putting the cell antenna too close to the Dish may get into some really weird things that we can't see nor measure as we don't have the equipment for most of us to test.
Sometimes it seems harder but I often go for keeping my little doubts separated when I can as it lets me deal with one frustrating bug at a time.
My brother ran into getting interference on living room TV and finally found it happened when the LED accent lights were on in the bedroom!!
I don't go there if it can be avoided!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish