Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-03-2005, 10:07 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Can anyone tell me how to get the radio outta the dash on the 39QD? Is this the easiest place to hook into the stereo? Thanks
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 10:07 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Can anyone tell me how to get the radio outta the dash on the 39QD? Is this the easiest place to hook into the stereo? Thanks
Old 05-03-2005, 03:10 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via ICQ to W8RLM
Ichn2go - If this is the standard Winnebago RV Radio, there are four holes on the front - 2 on each side of the front plate. In my kit of manuals, there were two "U" shaped tools that fit into the holes. Push them all the way in to release the catches, and the radio comes forward out of the dash.

You may have to push the two tools outward to force the clips to release.

If this is a different radio, just ignore all of this.

By the way, I had the same kind of release on a radio in my Mustang, and I made two of these "U" shaped tools from pieces of a wire coat hanger.

Good luck.

W8RLM - Bob
Old 05-06-2005, 02:18 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Thanks, BOB, Good Miles
Old 05-08-2005, 04:01 AM   #5

Inchy,

I've got to ask you, have you left the drive way yet?

What are you doing that you want to pull the radio? The easiest way to get to stereo connection, is from behind. The big back panel removes real easy with the removal of maybe 8 to 10 screws and then you can see all the inners of the dash.

Hey Jim, once your back there, check the power wire that runs to your cigar ligther. Winnebago had mine so tight, it came off. I followed it back and rerouted it so it would stay on. My BrakeBuddy likes a little power now and then, more now, than then.

Tomcat F15
Old 05-08-2005, 04:54 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tomcat F15:
.......Hey Jim, once your back there, check the power wire that runs to your cigar ligther. Winnebago had mine so tight, it came off. I followed it back and rerouted it so it would stay on. My BrakeBuddy likes a little power now and then, more now, than then.

Tomcat F15 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had a similar problem. I don't know what they are thinking about at the factory - my 12V power point (cigar lighter being a bit old fashioned ) was so loose that the BB unit wouldn't stay in from day one. I had to take the back dash panel off and found the retaining ring was only on a half turn or so and about to fall off. The 12V outlet next to the co-pilot fell out the first time we plugged my wife's cell phone into it - and that one was a tough one to fix. I had to take the phone jack off and fish into it - that retaining ring left the factory about 10 full turns short of tight.

We found the problem with our sliding door between the galley and bath - no retainer. Just let it slide a bit beyond the opening and it comes right out of the track. Our dealer took the header panel off and put it back on the track. When we picked it up the header panel was lying on the floor. So they nailed it back on. In Florida the door came out of the track and that is when I had to take the header off and found that either the track is too short or there should be something to stop it. So we have a piece of 2 x 4 on the floor to stop it. Classy eh? Now the header looks like garbage and when it goes in this week with a final long list (warranty ends May 28) hopefully they will fix it (the guy will simply a color pencil/crayon out of his pocket and like kindergarten student pencil over all the marks and nail holes - but the color rarely matches perfectly ).
Old 05-21-2007, 05:57 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

my old Adventurer on a Ford chassis, the whole dash hinges forward. Too convenient.
Can't say on a WH.
Farmerjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:14 AM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ichn2go:
Can anyone tell me how to get the radio outta the dash on the 39QD? Is this the easiest place to hook into the stereo? Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your dash front has hinges, and you can lift the whole dash up....
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote