Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2015, 07:34 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

CD stuck in out side Radio/CD player

I have a 2012 Vista 30T. Inserted a cd in our outside radio/cd player, it wouldn't play and won't eject, using the mode button, I can only select radio or aux mode, cd mode is not available. Any suggestions? I have pushed the little reset button to no avail.
Okierambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:20 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I'm not clear with what your saying.

You say you can select radio or aux mode. Is that a toggle switch that you can move to those settings?

Is there power to be able to play the radio or aux?

With that, my guess is that the gearing mechanism for the cd doesn't have power, or, broken.

Probably going to help us with a clearer wording picture of what's going on for us to help you.

Rich

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
r___r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:49 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

You will need to remove the radio and remove the outer housing to get at it. Had that issue with one of my car cd changers and once it is stuck, you generally have to go about it the old fashioned way to get it out.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:49 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

On my Pioneer Dash Radio... With removable "Head" I have this problem with many CD's. ANY CD with a peal and stick label will jam in it.. Oh it will go in and play just fine but it won't come back out.

I have a very small pair of either duck bill or needle nose pliars These are about 1/3 the size of the standard ones Very thin nose/bill I Hit the EJECT, then remove the head, reach in and gently remove the CD, Replace the head, hit EJECT again and she's good for the next CD.

This is a common issue with slot feed CD players.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:24 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

yep, mode is a button on the front of the radio, in normal conditions it will select radio, aux, and cd options, now it only selects radio or aux. probably because it has a cd stuck in it, guess I will pull the radio and dismantle it.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:25 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the replies everyone
Old 10-29-2015, 03:40 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

FWIW - probably will not work on a slot load but just in case - if there is a small round hole close to the slot it is a mechanical eject point. To use it insert a small rod into the hole. I use either a T pin, heavy duty paper clip or small drill bit in a pin vise. When you put the wire in the hole it should encounter resistance that gives when you push on it and eject the cd. You are forcing a gear train that lifts the carrier up to meet the slot and activates an eject arm or similar.

If you decide to take it apart the screwdrivers I needed were small torx. T2 and T4 come to mind.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 08:06 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

As I said if the face plate (I said Head before) comes off as many do now days see if you can remove it and then pull the CD out gently with pliars.. Beats screwdrivers every day and only takes a few seconds after you've done it a few times.

I wish they would build those thigns better.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:05 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Your going to need to take it apart. Done this with a few CD players.

Forget CDs. Get a iPod/iPhone and load all your CDs on that. Now with the Bluetooth devices you can even stream wirelessly.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:15 PM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

Mine just started doing the same thing. The CD is stuck and plays full blast when I turn on the power. Pushing eject does nothing.
I have purchased a new outside system so I guess I'll wait til spring and put in the new one.
dano726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 07:15 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Guess what, I must have been one or two vodka tonics too many down that night, went to the rv today and tried inserting a cd, it went right in and after hitting the ejection button popped right back out. Guess I will try playing music before I uncork the bottle in the future, but anyway, thank you all for responding and trying to help fix a problem I didn't have in the first place. Duhhhhhhh

Tags
radio