Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2007, 01:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I know I should have ordered it when I ordered the new rig, but does anyone know where the CB goes when it is factory installed. I have an'07 33V Voyage. Thanks
Craig Heyne & Co-Pilot/Navigator Sharon. 2007 Voyage 33V W20. Brazel's Ultra Power Permormance kit. CAI, Reprogramming, plug wires, Steer-Safe, Suzuki Grand Vitara toad, two spoiled cats and a GPS set to infinity.
Craig H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:21 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I know I should have ordered it when I ordered the new rig, but does anyone know where the CB goes when it is factory installed. I have an'07 33V Voyage. Thanks
Craig Heyne & Co-Pilot/Navigator Sharon. 2007 Voyage 33V W20. Brazel's Ultra Power Permormance kit. CAI, Reprogramming, plug wires, Steer-Safe, Suzuki Grand Vitara toad, two spoiled cats and a GPS set to infinity.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:41 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Craig

I don't know where it would have been mounted at the factory, but when I added one to my coach I got a Cobra 75WST with all the controls in the mic. It plugs into a very small metal box that I mounted on the carpet covered metal wall to the left of the driver's feet. Works great not to have to look down somewhere to find the radio when you want to change channels, turn it on/off, etc.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:41 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

There should be a plastic bag around your left foot while sitting in the pilot's seat. In the old days it would contain both an antenna connector and a 12V supply. For 2007 Winnebago no longer supplies the CB antenna.

You will have to install your own. You will need a 'no ground plane' CB antenna. Glass mount is probably the easiest to install. Available at Camping World or Radio Shack. If you desire better performance, google 'No Ground Plane CB Antenna' and you will find some choices. There is a brand called 'Firestik' which looks like it would provide good performance. Make sure it is tunable.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 04:24 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Go with a CB with all the controls in the mike. This is what I have also. Than you only have a little metal box to install in the drivers area out of site. Your MH should have a CB Antenna already installed.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 05:35 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

The CB they are talking about the all in one. If you have CB ant on roof it will be metal rod into a spring loaded mount, all you have to do is find ant lead and 12v wires in plastic bag under dash, thats if you have one, good luck.
The metal connection box is mounted under dash with velgro.
You saved yourself some big money putting it in yourself.

By the way welcome to the forum and the friendly Winnebago forum.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:40 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thank's all. I found out today that Winnie doesn't do factory CB installs, just the wiring. Is Firestick a good antennae?
Old 02-05-2007, 09:25 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

I too am looking for information but for a 2006 Class C (25F). I don't believe there is any wiring or such from the factory for a CB.
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:37 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Jerry

On a Class C, I wouldn't be surprised at no CB wiring, but there may be an antenna wire somewhere even if there is no antenna. If you don't find any reference to CB wiring in your manual, I would call Winnebago Owner Relations at 800-537-1885 and ask them. You may need the s/n of your rig for their reference.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:06 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Just as well Winnebago stopped installing the CB antenna, I've been trying for 2 years to figure out how to get my SWR reading down anywheres near 3:1 instead of being up around 8:1. I've moved the adjusting rings from top to bottom 1 turn at at time and it just never changes. I have the CB mounted but afraid to use it because of the high SWR reading, and haven't decided yet to go drilling holes for a different antenna.
Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:19 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Is the actual case of the radio grounded? With the roof mount you only have a ground thru the shield of the coax, if not grounded to the chassis you will read high both 1 and 40

If you want to move antenna try to mount on the channel the topper anchors on the coach, make a bracket, use 8/32 short bolts to hold and the nuts in the channel works well and is grounded to coach, no holes to drill. Mine runs 1.2 and 1.6 SWR on 2 foot F/G Radio Shack antenna
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:52 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

I got the SWR on my OEM antenna into the marginal but acceptable range by getting the rings as high I could force them to go. I've wondered if I could find a replacement I could put on without breaking the seal on the OEM one ...mine has a spring and hinged section at the bottom ...but guess there is no way of disconnecting and reconnecting the cable at that end.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:48 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

You should also be able to help with the SWR by raising or lowerering the antenna whip itself. On mine there is an allen screw. Loosen this and the physical length of the whip can be changed. You may have to spray a little WD-40 in the hole to help get it started.

I've gotten mine down to close to 2 to 1 by adjusting the whip length along with moving the rings.