Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-29-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
LCD
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2008 Winnebago Voyage 32H with the Winnegard sattelite antenna and 32" LCD tv. When we are on sattelite I have to use my tv remote controller to adjust volume and my Dish sattelite remote to find channels. I Have tried using the Dish instructions to sinc the two with no luck. Any suggestions?
LCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:51 AM   #2
LCD
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2008 Winnebago Voyage 32H with the Winnegard sattelite antenna and 32" LCD tv. When we are on sattelite I have to use my tv remote controller to adjust volume and my Dish sattelite remote to find channels. I Have tried using the Dish instructions to sinc the two with no luck. Any suggestions?
LCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:27 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Hi LCD,
Do not feel alone. I have Direct TV and had the same problem. Depending on the TV, there could be a few or many codes to enter into the Sat remote. Unfortunately for me, my TVs had a lot of code choices.

I wrote down a short "cheat" list of steps. Then I went through each of the codes, one at a time. The process requires some level of coordination and pressing buttons while watching for blinking lights at the same time. (None of my grand children are available when I need them ). Once I found the code that works, I wrote it on the cheat sheet. After going through the process several times, I have learned the steps and have become quite good at pushing buttons and watching the blinking lights.

All that being said, there is one TV, in the house, that no matter what code I use, the TV on/off will not work from the Sat remote. I can adjust volume and mute. I hope yours is not one like this.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:52 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via ICQ to W8RLM
Stupid question - Have you tried contacting Winegard with your brand and model TV and see if they can give you a code number to control the TV? If that doesn't work, try the TV manufacturer.

I have DirectTV with Sony TVs in the frontand back, and I've been able to control both TVs from the satellite remote.

Problem that I have is when the interior pocket doors are open between the bath area dn the rest of the coach, if I change the TV in the bedroom, the reflection from the mirrored wardrobe closet doors reflect the infrared signal and changes the front TV too.

Frustrating, isn't it.

Happy New Year

W8RLM - Bob
Old 12-29-2008, 02:03 PM   #5

In this case, Winegard has nothing to do with the hardware involved. Winegard is simply the company that build the antenna that picks up the satellite signal and sends it to the DTV receiver. The remote setup that needs to be set would be the one that came with the DTV receiver.
LCD,
If you have tried all of the TV codes that are in your DTV owners manual for your brand of TV then you need to try the manual option that goes through every code available. If you hit the right one your TV will turn off. You won't know what the code is but I believe there was an option to find it once it is working properly.
I gave up on the DTV remote and bought a Harmony remote by Logitech. This is an all-in-one remote that is easy to setup and easy for both my wife and me to use. There are several versions from the $79 one that I have up to some very special, very expensive units with RF capabilities and cool touch screens. It's the best!
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:12 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

When that happened to me I called the remote manufacturer. They said I needed to have the remote upgraded. To upgrade, I needed to send it to them and they would re-flash the computer chip. I decided it wasn't worth it and use two remotes for that set. Some day I'll break down and purchase an "all-in-one" remote to do the job.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:34 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Hey GaryKD,

I've been a DirecTv user for about 10 years-- Don't know anything about Dish.

Since I've upgraded all my TV's to LCD HD's (five altogether) in the past two years, I needed help getting the remotes to operate the various makes of TV's I now own.

I do know that the TV input function, using the DirectTv remote, will only work with the RC64 model. Earlier models just don't have the circuitry for complete control.

If you go here to the DirecTv Tech help forum for remote controls, you probably get a quick reply as to codes for various brands of TV's. You can research old threads or open a new one. I gave up with the codes in the manual that came with the DirecTv receivers-- nothing worked for me-- except getting with the Techs. You can even leave your Email address and when the Techs answer you'll get an immediate Email back-- It's a great asset for dummies like me.

Have your TV brand and model number with you when you write these guys------,

I just had another receiver, DVR, installed (in the stick home) by a DirecTv contractor last week, and he immediately told me the remote would not work all functions on the Westinghouse TV-- I would have to use the TV's remote for some functions. I said put in these codes, and I gave him two -- and his jaw dropped to his chest. The DirecTv remote worked all functions. I had gone through this about a year ago and had the codes written down-- from the DirecTv forum. He was amazed.

Good luck,
Old 12-29-2008, 03:50 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I have the Direct TV and like Bill I've given up on trying to make the remote work front and aft. I'm in the process of programing the new Logitech RF remote that Santa brought DW for Christmas. Now, where did put that grandkid?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:40 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

LCD. I am a Dish user. Go to the Dish web site for remote codes: Here is a link: http://tech.dishnetwork.com/de...echRemo1.5Code.shtml

I got our TV''s to work with the Dish remote just fine. If your TV has lots of different codes, then you will have to try all the codes till one works for you.

Good luck.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:05 AM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

Consider buying a Logitech Harmony remote. They are available in several models from around $80 to (a lot more). They all will work and they are programmed individually by the user through an internet connection. When you are finished programming you have 1 button labeled "Watch TV" which turns on all the necessary boxes (tv, satelite, Bose or other audio device, and so on). There are other buttons dedicated to other activities such as "Watch a Movie" (DVD, TV and Audio device, if any), and another for listening to music and so on. Check it out. I have used one for several years and my wife loves it because it so easy to use. Bob
Old 12-30-2008, 05:40 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KD4AO:
Consider buying a Logitech Harmony remote. ... my wife loves it because it so easy to use. Bob </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Boy I hope so. That's what I bought and the reason I bought it. Should finish programing it today.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:45 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

LCD,
I have been with Dish for 9 years and have never had a TV that I could not operate with a Dish remote.
Dish hardware does not operate like Direct.
Write down your Dish receiver number, write down the model number of your Dish remote and call Dish at 1-888-284-7116. Dish customer support can tell you how to set up the remote.

Savannah, GA
Don-Savannah, GA is offline   Reply With Quote