Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Cable Splitter

We have a 2000 Winnebago UA 40J we took out the front TV and replaced it with a flat screen that sits in a cabinet behind the passenger seat I ran a cable up from the floor from the outside TV cable jack now the problem is we can only have the same TV channels on our rear TV as our front as there is a splitter that's runs two cables from the front control unit to the rear and outside TV if I could find that splitter I could run a cable from the front TV to the splitter that would solve my problem any idea on where the splitter is on a 40J.

Thanks

Purchased the MH 4 years ago love it spend the summer in Morro Bay and Winter below Palm Springs at the Salton Sea.
tbethurum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:20 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

The splitter is either from the wall plate to switch from cable TV to over the air tv like this:

Or from a box of many buttons like this:
Old 11-23-2013, 09:54 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

It may be behind the TV connector in the outside entertainment center.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

converter box?????

Is there a digital to analog converter involved?

Several years ago I installed ONE converter box ... that meant that my front and bedroom TVs could only watch one channel when I was on antenna.

Before installing and after removing the converter box both of my TVs can show different channels.

The selector switch in my upper cabinet determines where the input to the two TVs come from (Cable, antenna, DVD, etc) ... but once the switches are set to either Cable or antenna I can watch any channel on either TV (with no converter box).

If you have digital TVs now ... remove (at least disconnect) the converter box ... your problem should go away.

PS. The selector switch has buttons for front and rear ... but rear is actually outside and rear on my coach ... and probably yours, too. I think you will only be able to select a single source (cable, antenna, DVD) for both of your TV with your present wiring.
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Here's the TV Coax Wiring Diagram for your coach. It shows the splitter, but unfortunately it doesn't say where it's installed. My guess would be behind the illustrated wallplate up front or else behind the rear TV somewhere, but that's only a guess. It's possible that Winnebago could give you a definitive answer if you give Owner Relations a call.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Have the same coach. The rear and outdoor tv have the same signal as the splitter is behind the rear tv in the bedroom.
Bslagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bslagh View Post
Have the same coach. The rear and outdoor tv have the same signal as the splitter is behind the rear tv in the bedroom.
In my 04 Horizon QD it isalso behind the rear TV
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:57 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies I will do some looking but it looks like it will be behind the rear TV seems like an unlikely place maybe I will do the WLAN TV as my front TV is one of the new Smart One that picks up WLAN.

We like the 40J last year we lived and traveled in it for 6 months and home in Visalia CA for 6 months plan to do the same next year I was going to try and sell to up grade to a unit with more slides but said why as we are happy now.

I pull a 2002 Dodge Dakota 4 door 4 wheel drive we are looking for a VW or something smaller to pull as I only have the 300 cat and it would help to have a few less pounds behind me.

I did install a 100 watt solar panel and intend to install more used a panel from AM solar and a Blue Sky controller very happy with the results.

Thanks Again for all the help.
tbethurum is offline   Reply With Quote