Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2006, 11:57 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I am trying to install satellite radio in my 2003 Suncruiser but can not fine any aux input in the back of the RV radio. Has anyone done this or know how to do it. I have tried using the FM transmitter but the resection and static is bad.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mr Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 11:57 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I am trying to install satellite radio in my 2003 Suncruiser but can not fine any aux input in the back of the RV radio. Has anyone done this or know how to do it. I have tried using the FM transmitter but the resection and static is bad.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mr Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 12:45 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

On my radio, there are left/right phono plugs hanging off the rear of the radio. Couldn't tell you if all years and all RV Radios have the aux input.

If yours really doesn't have aux inputs, you can buy a gizmo that installs in-line with the radio's antenna. Not sure how exactly it hooks up to the satellite receiver but there are a bunch of web sites specializing in after-market goodies that probably explain the use.

Welcome to the forum!

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:44 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I have an older radio. Still has a tape deck. I use this to conn. my SAT. rec to. I tried the FM deal. Did not like it.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 02:17 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Some models of the RV radio do not have Aux input. Altho I have read where often times the connections are in the wire bundel down near the floor. In my case it was said to remove the walkie talkie panel and see if the connection wasn't near the floor. If you remove the radio and get the model number call the manufacturer they will give you "poop".

That's why I need the "electro meister" in VA.
Good luck
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 02:37 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

If your radio has a cassette player, then it is easy: XM sells an adapter that works very well. True audiophiles do not like anything but hardwired but the cassette is good for my ears...it is a LOT better than the FM transmitter.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:07 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I had a Sirius hooked up to my Discovery for a long time (now it is in my F-150) and I have to say it sounds very good just going through the FM Modulator. My new Horizon is going to come equiped with a Sirius unit and I'm sure it will be hardwired instead of transmitted, but either way, it works well in my opinion. If your using a modulator, it is absolutely necessary to make sure the station you are trying to modulate through has NO radio station transmitting withn a close proximity of the one you want to use. I look for at least 2 frequency's either way of the station I want to modulate on and have no problem. If your traveling though, you will have to change the modulator from time to time when you enter other areas that are using your frequency or one that is close.

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD
BigTrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 06:01 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I use the FM transmitter on my 2001 Horizon because it will play all three radios (dash,bedroom & outside) You can adjust the FM output strength on your unit. I have been all over lower 48, Canada and Alaska without interferance on the dash radio. I have had some at times on the bedroom and outside.
PeteBar is offline   Reply With Quote