Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2014, 09:11 AM   #21
Winnebago Watcher

XM radio

If you happen to have a tablet, the cost for internet radio is $3.50 per month. I take my Ipad with us so I can listen to MLB baseball, plus, it gives me access to Pandora. Of course, some campgrounds charge you for WiFi, but the cost of XM radio on the internet is worth it.
Jwhines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:05 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

We have a Sirius radio in our RV that I suspend service on every winter. We tend to spend the winter in So Calif in one place so I don't really need the radio during that time. You can suspend your account for up to 5 months at a time. It will automatically start back up at the end of the 5 months. I am not sure if you were asking about suspending it for just a few weeks at a time or for longer periods.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:25 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleE View Post
We have a Sirius radio in our RV that I suspend service on every winter. We tend to spend the winter in So Calif in one place so I don't really need the radio during that time. You can suspend your account for up to 5 months at a time. It will automatically start back up at the end of the 5 months. I am not sure if you were asking about suspending it for just a few weeks at a time or for longer periods.
Thanks for the information. I'm still not sure when or for how long at a time we would use the radio. The last few years we generally take a longer trip (2-3 months) during the summer months and then another month or so during the winter months. Between those times we spend several long weekends visiting fairly local state and national parks.

If we decide to activate it there would be a couple 2-3 month intervals where the motorhome is inactive. If we could suspend service during those times I would be more interested in activating it.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:43 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

The way I see we all have are vices & our priorities. Some like to play golf a few times a week , some drink beer or other drinks regularly, some smoke, ect, ect. I'm sure you get the point. I like music, so part of budget goes to sat radio. We all make our choices and to each their own.
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:23 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

SiriusXM is all I listen to. I have it in the car, truck and MH. You may want to check your Adventurer and see if it came with a portable unit. My 2011 Journey did. I put a jack in the garage and in the house and we use the portable unit in those places when not on the go with the MH...

Chiefbvfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:51 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

I pay a smidge over $60 quarterly for the Sirius subscriptions in my 3 vehicles (including the MH). I won't leave home without it. I like to listed to the radio while traveling and it's worth it to me to NOT have the signal dropping in and out. And, I like to listen to news channels and it has plenty of that. Services like Pandora and iHeart just eat up the bandwith and data on my cell phones.
Cricket SW3 Personal Transporter
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:51 AM   #27
Winnebago Watcher

I have XM on 2 cars and bought a new radio that has XM in the MH. As mentioned before, i suspended service for the maximum amount which is 5 months. i didn't know that it will automatically resume at the end of the 5 months. i also have XM on my iPad & computer. Worth it to me.
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:16 AM   #28
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
We have Sirius in our MH. To me it is worth the price.
I agree... My wife and I like to go from California to Las Vegas three to four times a year. That drive alone is worth the price of SiriusXM.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:25 AM   #29
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi6998 View Post
I agree... My wife and I like to go from California to Las Vegas three to four times a year. That drive alone is worth the price of SiriusXM.
And you're bound to win that back.......making it free for the SAT radio. LOL I like Vegas too. Sometimes you do win it back, that's why we keep going back.
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio