Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-22-2018, 05:01 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

2016 Adventurer 38Q Speakers not working

2016 Adventurer 38Q. Speaker under sink kitchen cabinet and speaker over couch in cabinet next to door are not working. Can't figure this one out. Anyone out there have any success or experience bird dogging this problem? Any trouble shooting ideas and suggestions appreciated!

Thanks

Joe
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 05:07 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Hi Joe. I don't have an Adventurer, but in some RVs the dash radio "fade" control also controls the house speakers. Just a thought. Happy Thanksgiving.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 05:14 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanrascal View Post
2016 Adventurer 38Q. Speaker under sink kitchen cabinet and speaker over couch in cabinet next to door are not working. Can't figure this one out. Anyone out there have any success or experience bird dogging this problem? Any trouble shooting ideas and suggestions appreciated!

Thanks

Joe
joe, we have a '16 38Q. are you trying to send TV audio, DVD audio or radio audio thru those speakers? I always approach troubleshooting with the idea of 'simple things first' and forgive me for asking but...you DO have the amp on, volume turned up a bit and the correct input selected, right?

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 05:24 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Hi folks thanks for the follow up. All other speakers working fine for all services(Blue tooth, tv, radio , stereo etc).

I will check the fade- forgot about that one as both are on the passenger side. But I still have one of three working on that side so not sure that's it.

Responses very much appreciated.

Joe
Old 12-12-2018, 07:51 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

My experience...

This is my experience with a 2015 Adventurer 38Q: Pretty sure that when the radio is on, only two of the cabin speakers will work, along with the two in the driving area. In the cabin area they will be the one nearest the dining area and the one directly across close to the galley area. The one over the TV and nearest the door are not functional with the radio, nor is the little center speaker under the TV.

ALL of the speakers should be playing if you are watching a DVD with surround sound.

That being said...there are "settings" in the sound system that will allow you to balance all the speakers too. As well as sound "modes"....some are stereo and other use all the speakers. I would advise doing a good read of the manual and finding the settings screen for the system.

Good luck, the surround is beautiful when you finally get it all set up and balanced!
sminniear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:33 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I forgot to get back here and post my results. After tracing wiring diagrams for several days, and my foolish disassembling of various elements of the motorhome, then reading all 3 manuals cover to cover and attempting to memorize them (not), I finally broke down and called WBGO customer service about Dec 1.

The techs squared me away and told me (much like sminnier says) about how there are multiple speaker systems on the 38Q, that are not integrated into one universal sound system. I had not realized that and never was able to find that info in the manuals --- although I probably read it and it went in one ear and out the other.

One of the reasons we thought we had dead speakers was that we never used the CD/DVR system in the past 2 years-- and never really used the surround sound system. Shame on me!

Oh well ---to mitigate my embarrassing lack of motorhome audio systems knowledge I thought of ending the call with Winnebago Customer service techs by saying--- "I knew that, I was just checking to make sure you at WBGO knew the correct answer!" But--- my limited intelligence kicked in and I thought --- Nah, I am very likely going to need their help in the future-- better just say thank you for educating me-- and that's how I ended the call.

Thank you all for trying to help. I'm still learning.

Joe

(By the way- anyone know where that red wire that was left over from my disassembly and search goes to. I think it came off one of those gizzmos when i gave the wire a good yank????)

Tags
adventurer, vent