Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2011, 09:40 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2004 Winnebago Adventure 35U replacing the original TV sets.

I have just recently purchased a 2004 Winnebago Adventure 35U the TV’s in the unit are original equipment. I would like to replace them with a flat screen HDTV. I cannot find out how to remove the original sets as they are well designed for appearance with a wood frame that hides the securing fasteners. Any help with the removal of the old sets would be appreciated.
Blues Harp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:09 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

The mounting on the front TV in my rig was very secure. First I had to remove the color matching screw caps along the front hood type base around the TV. There were also two screws on each side which were inserted through the adjoining cabinets. This permitted the plastic to be pulled forward and down so I could reach the internal screws in the front. The TV is/was secured by a steel bar across the top held by two bolts and by pressure tape on the bottom. The front defrost fans had to be turned all the way toward the window to permit the cover to be easily removed.
I chose to cut a piece of oak ply, stained to match, and inserted into the hole secured with hinges for access.
The hardest part was making the commitment, and popping off the first screw cover.
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:11 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Since mine was heavy as an boat anchor, I had my dealer remove it for me. Then I built and installed a HDTV "holder" and mounted my HD TV. Combined with my SK-3005 antenna system, it's just like watching HD at home
golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:26 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

You might try this link, lots of pictures and possible help,
Survey of CRT TV to LCD replacements
Old 10-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Send me a Private message with your Email address and I will send you a PDF of the installation in a Winnebago adventurer 35 U - photos and dialog Have already sent this to over 100 requests
lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #6

When we done ours ,we had to put a 26" HD. in That fit right in. I just made a stand in the bottum To raise it up as high as it would go.Then i made A set of metal racks that fit under the tv, that would hold the DVD/VHS stuff and let an opening for the sound to get out; It works good Some day I will Install a Blue set of speakers;; Lifeis good.
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:35 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Would you please send me the photos and information. THANKS E-Mail [email protected]
jn47933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

tbomn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago