Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2015, 11:47 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2 Questions for a new 37F

My wife and I spent the weekend in our new Itasca 37f and have 2 questions.
The dealer installed a Winnebago in motion Winegard Satellite System. How do can I find out if it is a Dish or Direct System?

Also the regular TV ant and booster was showing strong signals but we could not get a signal on any of the TV's. Do I have to run a coax from the amp to the TV's or to another place in the unit. The instructions were not clear on this issue.

Thanks in advance
Bob
bobder41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:13 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Not sure on your coach but mine has a series of buttons that switch between tv, sat, dvr, etc for both front and back tv receivers. Ours is located in the cabinet with entertainment equipment. Not sure about your sat service but shouldn't you have a receiver with a brand name on it for the sat, either Direct or Dish? If not you'll need to subscribe to one of them and get the receiver box from them.
Indy Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:37 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

2 Questions for new 37f

The unit has a box in the front over head as you mentioned with nothing connected to it. It has the name of the set locations and HDMI1, HDMI2, DVD & AUX for each one.
The TV ant amp has a cable connector in the front of it with nothing connected to it.

The domed dish was installed by the dealer and the mechanic said that it is set up for direct tv. the paper work for it recommends dish.

Thanks for the advise once I get the MH home I will be able to work on it and figure it out
Old 04-28-2015, 09:12 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

bobder41, I assume you have a 2015 coach. Below is the link to the TV/DVD installation diagrams.
I assume the Winegard Satellite Dish is the Roadtrip Mission, if so there is a dip switch for setting the provider and comes set for DirecTV. The paper work probably recommends Dish because you cannot receive HD TV using DirecTV but can with Dish.
There is normally not a coax connected to the front of the Over The Air Antenna amp switch plate.
Your video system other than Over the Air and Cable coax run through the Matrix Switching system. That is the box in the over head, are sure there are not wires connected to the back of the switch.
Did you select antenna or TV and OTA as your video input on the TV and do a channel search?

http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...ire_189252.pdf
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:26 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

On your satellite dish they usually come set up for both Dish and Direct TV. When we got ours we couldn't get our Direct TV to work and we thought the satellite was bad or not hooked up. We took it to the dealer and he simply put in the right code, and it worked fine. It took him all of a couple minutes. I don't remember the codes or how he really did it, but it was all done with the Direct TV remote.

As to the TV and Cable reception. We did the same thing and went without TV on our first trip, as we couldn't get reception from either the Antenna or Cable. Every time you move from spot to spot, you need to re scan the TV reception for whichever you want cable/TV Antenna. There is a booster switch for the antenna, it has a push button switch on it. Our light is green, when that is on you will get TV antenna reception, when it is off you get cable. Set it for whichever you choose, then turn on your TV and chose the Antenna or Cable setting. Once you have done that go to the Auto Scan feature and do the scan. It will normally tell you it takes up to 50 minutes to complete, but it is usually less than 5-10 minutes to complete. You will get nice clear reception this way. When you move to another spot, even if it's just a few miles, do it again for the best reception and the most channels.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:27 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

On my 2015 37F, the TVs has input on the TV in addition to the 4x4 HDMI matrix switches.

The "Off Air" TV - that is from the antenna needs to have the correct input selected *on the TV* and then there should be an option to "scan" for the local channels. It takes a few minutes, but then you should have a fair collection of the local broadcast channel.

I mention this because I had never used "off air" TV since the switchover and it was new experience for me. Coupled with the tunable antenna, it works surprising well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobder41 View Post
My wife and I spent the weekend in our new Itasca 37f and have 2 questions.
The dealer installed a Winnebago in motion Winegard Satellite System. How do can I find out if it is a Dish or Direct System?

Also the regular TV ant and booster was showing strong signals but we could not get a signal on any of the TV's. Do I have to run a coax from the amp to the TV's or to another place in the unit. The instructions were not clear on this issue.

Thanks in advance
Bob
jrpend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:38 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the advise. The motor home has been at the dealer since we spent a night in it. I am picking it up this week end after they have completed the repairs. It 200 miles one way to the dealership.
Bob
Old 05-05-2015, 07:09 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Please fill out your Signature with your MH info so we may help you better.

If this is a NEW MH make the dealer fix it and then have them show you exactly how it works on everything prior to leaving the dealer.
The other thing you should do is grab the Owners suit case with all of the manuals and get to reading.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:59 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Most likely DirectV

I just talked to Winnebago Customer Service today. They only ship the Winegard Travler configured for Directv. He offered that the dealer for an additional charge could convert it to a Dish antenna.

You can tell what you have by looking at the Winegard control box. Unless it says 119 and 110 you have a Directv antenna.

Another way to tell (DUH) is to look at the dish itself. Mine unfortunately says Directv. I wanted and believe I specified Dish.

The reason for specifying Dish is that a mont-to-month contract is available, and you own the receiver. Directv leases you the receiver for 2 years minimum, and then you must return the receiver.
arneinfloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 04:02 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

arneinfloria It is quite easy to convert the Winegard Travler from DirecTV to Dish.
I ordered the kit from Winegard and did it myself. I do belive the OP has a Winegard Roadtrip Mission which has dip switches to change from DirecTV to Dish.
You would not believe the stories I was told by the salesman when we ordered our coach about the satellite antenna.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:27 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

That is great news. What did you order?
arneinfloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:02 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

arneinfloria, That was on our current coach.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:57 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the info on the Satellite system, I will check it when I get home this weekend. Really hoping it is a Dish Unit.

Bob
2015 37f Suncruiser