Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2018, 05:07 PM   #1
2018 22M

2 of same B/U Cameras & Night Vision Still Not Working

I have a 2017 WB Spirit 26A. Just bought this Spring, new. Still under warranty It came with a b/u cam with night vision (River Park C1000M). It works great & clear in day but not at night. White spots/fuzzy stuff on screen at night (see attachment) UNLESS passing under bright street lights etc. So River Park sent me a new one and my dealer (8 hours from me!) put it in. STILL THE SAME. I will go back to dealer in Dec (still under warranty) yet don't want to do a 3rd round with the same camera. Has anyone had same issue and found solution? I'd even buy a higher end camera IF it was a plug and play where the side cams and rear cam didn't have to be totally re-wired. I just wanted to reach out to y'all prior to contacting River Park and Dealer again. THX
dnta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:11 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I have found that the infrared lights around the camera reflect on anything in front of them such as a plastic cover - they are the "white spots" that you are seeing. I find the side cameras a waste of money as they are useless at night because I cant accurately determine depth perspective. Simply, you can't reliably determine where the headlights are relative to your coach. Much better and more accurate - in my opinion - to use the mirrors. Good luck,
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:13 PM   #3
2018 22M

Thanks. Side cams not an issue for me. I love them in the day. I'm a night driver. I'd like to see out the back as I can in the day (though know not as well.) I had the issue prior to a rain cover so .... Thanks though!
dnta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera