Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-30-2021, 04:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

1996 Winnebago adventurer 34'. Radio and AC question

Hey everyone. I have been searching everywhere, but can't find the info I need. I bought the 96 adventurer (chevy 454) and want to replace the dead cassette player (original) with something that works. It's a 1 din space, so that's not a problem. What I can't find is what type of wire harness it needs. It currently has a 10 pin set up, but no modern harnesses use this setup. I am trying to figure out what kind of adaptor I can use. See the attached photo. If anyone has replaced these and knows either what stereo options are available or what cable harness I can use, that would be very much appreciated.

2nd question. The Top front AC unit is only turning on every once in a while. I had a tech look at it and he tells me it's the relay unit. Model 7330A321. I found what appears to be a compatible model, but it is for Model 7330A3211 (an extra 1 at the end) Also, when I look it up, it does not look the same (8330-3851). The holes are in different places and there are 6 connectors on the outside of the new one and only 4 in the original. Anyone know if this is the right replacement relay board? Any help would be appreciated!
silvahome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 06:27 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Ok. Follow up question. When I tried to install an after market car stereo, I found that it does not turn on. I can verify that the constant power 12v cable is working and connected, as is the ground.

However, the accessory cable (usually red) is not giving out any power. I'ts also as small and thin as the speaker cables, so I wonder if it is even really an accessory cable. Since this is an older rig, I don't know if it even had an acc attached. Does anyone know if this rig (1996 winnebago adventurer, 34 ft) is supposed to come with an acc cable? The OEM radio was an audiovox im400
Old 05-12-2021, 06:57 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Ok. Follow up question. When I tried to install an after market car stereo, I found that it does not turn on. I can verify that the constant power 12v cable is working and connected, as is the ground.

However, the accessory cable (usually red) is not giving out any power. I'ts also as small and thin as the speaker cables, so I wonder if it is even really an accessory cable. Since this is an older rig, I don't know if it even had an acc attached. Does anyone know if this rig (1996 winnebago adventurer, 34 ft) is supposed to come with an acc cable? The OEM radio was an audiovox im400

Tags
adventurer, radio, vent, winnebago