Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2018, 10:30 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

'19 Navion/Infotainment center

My new unit will have this option. My question is, for those who have it, does it have Apple Car Play capability??? I have had XM since the first day it was offered at Good Guys. They didn't even know how to turn it on telling me I was the first customer they had at that store. I like it but many times I prefer my playlists. I have read Sirius bought Pandora and that will be approved in January, this will be an awesome addition to the Satellite radio service as relates to custom play lists.
DariusB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 10:49 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I don't know about Apple Car Play.....

However, we've had two Xite based dash GPS/Entertainment units. Both were set up for Sirius XM reception from WBGO. All you have to do is open an S-XM account or transfer your old one to the new equipment and have the system 'turned on.'

There is a page of options in the menu selection for setting up your system. I'd not swear by my memory.... but... I think there is an option for the Apple devices along with the usual androids and plug in stuff.

Heck go to the Xite / RiverPark web site and look at the on line manual.

Despite people's bitching about the GPS and other bits and pieces of it, it is a nice functional unit. The GPS has gotten better over some 8 years it's been around. It's on par with a Garmin... but not a Garmin.... you have to learn it's language and selections.

Entertainment wise, the S-XM radio is great. Who listens to AM/FM these days when on the road??? We do a lot of Audio Books and it plays them well with as stereo plug set up to MP3. It's also blue tooth for phone and other stuff.

Our Jensen coach entertainment centers were not satellite capable.
Old Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 12:07 PM   #3
Site Team

Assuming you have the Xite system radio/sat/gps/camera I don't think you'll have Apple Car Play unless they've made a change in the past few months - which doesn't sound like Riverpark. I don't know if the Navion has various dash entertainment options I think it's mainly the Xite system. Xite's system is a fairly closed system, outside of the Rand McNally GPS and Sirius/XM radio everything is based on Xite's software. No apps at all.

https://riverparkinc.com/category/pr...xitesolutions/

It does have Bluetooth for both audio and phone services and most of their units do have a USB input for devices, such as your phones, but, as I said, no apps.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:51 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

My 17 has the X2S system. I use the bluetooth from my phone. Pretty standard stuff. While camping I bluetooth to the Jensen unit... not sure what the 19 has but I have so many songs I don't think I need sirius at this point.
Mike Owens is offline   Reply With Quote