Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2016, 08:06 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Where to buy Koni shocks

I have a 2002 adventure 35u. about 3 years ago I put bilisten shocks on and while inspecting things I notice one of them is leaking oil, so this time I would like to try a set of koni's. I found them on ebay for $659, with free shipping. Is there a better place to buy them?
Old 06-11-2016, 03:44 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

mikf,
I got mine from shox.com.
great service, no problems with the koni's.
much improved handling and ride.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:57 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Those Bilsteins have a lifetime guarantee. You should be able to get free replacements.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 04:23 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasA View Post
Those Bilsteins have a lifetime guarantee. You should be able to get free replacements.
This is true. According to one RV review (http://www.motorhome.com/rv-how-to/r...absorber-test/) the Bilstein shocks gave a more comfortable ride compared with Koni and other brands and have better pricing. I plan on putting a set on my coach, probably in the fall. Here is an example of one for my coach: Bilstein shocks and struts for cars and trucks - Shockwarehouse.com

Rick Y
Old 06-12-2016, 11:28 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
This is true. According to one RV review (Shock Therapy: RV Shock Absorber Test) the Bilstein shocks gave a more comfortable ride compared with Koni and other brands and have better pricing. I plan on putting a set on my coach, probably in the fall. Here is an example of one for my coach: Bilstein shocks and struts for cars and trucks - Shockwarehouse.com

Rick Y
Rick Y, thanks for that link. Makes me want to rethink my plan and save some $$. We are satisfied with the ride, so when they said koni's were rougher on the highway, that got my attention.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:37 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
This is true. According to one RV review (Shock Therapy: RV Shock Absorber Test) the Bilstein shocks gave a more comfortable ride compared with Koni and other brands and have better pricing. I plan on putting a set on my coach, probably in the fall. Here is an example of one for my coach: Bilstein shocks and struts for cars and trucks - Shockwarehouse.com

Rick Y
Rick Y, thanks for that link. Makes me want to rethink my plan and save some $$. We are satisfied with the ride, so when they said koni's were rougher on the highway, that got my attention.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:51 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikf View Post
I have a 2002 adventure 35u. about 3 years ago I put bilisten shocks on and while inspecting things I notice one of them is leaking oil, so this time I would like to try a set of koni's. I found them on ebay for $659, with free shipping. Is there a better place to buy them?
The Bilstein shocks should have a lifetime warranty as long as you can provide proof of purchase. How many miles have you put on the MH since you replaced the shocks? The reason I ask is if there are a lot of miles on the shocks I would recommend replacing them in pairs for a good ride.
I have bought from www.shockwarehouse.com and have been very satisfied.
Lynn
Old 06-13-2016, 10:06 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
The Bilstein shocks should have a lifetime warranty as long as you can provide proof of purchase. How many miles have you put on the MH since you replaced the shocks? The reason I ask is if there are a lot of miles on the shocks I would recommend replacing them in pairs for a good ride.
I have bought from www.shockwarehouse.com and have been very satisfied.
Lynn
They do have a good price. When I get mine these are the folks I will buy from. Bilstein does not make it easy to find a shock for this coach. I finally figured it out and confirmed it with a email to the store.
Old 06-13-2016, 12:44 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I ordered a pair at a local auto parts store. Shock warehouse was a little cheaper, but if I have anymore trouble it should be easier to deal with. I stayed with Bilistens.
mikf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shocks, koni