Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2022, 12:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Vectra/Horizon Ride Height & Dump Valve Part Numbers

This might be a real stretch but I'm trying to find the correct part number(s) for the Haldex Ride Height Control valve with the correct Dump Valve for my 2004 Vectra. I have a slow leak after I shut everything off coming from the short rubber hose on the ride height valve itself. I can manually move the ride height lever up and down and eventually get it to stop or slow down but I want to replace it just to be sure. Based on the symptoms I'm still not sure if it's the ride height valve or the dump valve that comes off of it. After all my research it looks like the dump valve should actually leak from the hole in the rubber boot and not the small rubber hose coming off of the ride height valve itself. And in researching the dump valve it appears there are 2 different colors (silver/brass) depending on if it's normally open or normally closed. Does anyone happen to know which type would be on a 2004 Vectra or Horizon with a Freightliner XC chassis? I would like to order the part and Freightliner is not being very helpful and wants me to come down and order then come back and pick it up 45 miles away. Since I'm not exactly sure if it is the ride height or dump valve that is sticking based on the symptoms, I figured I would just replace both while I'm at it. Any suggestions or similar experience would be very helpful! I thought about taking it off and trying to clean it but I don't want to make it worse before our upcoming trip this week.
aw2657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 10:44 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

My 2005 Vectra 36RD uses the following, according to DTNA Connect (formerly known as AccessFreightliner):
Front:
ASSY-DUMP,AUTO,DBL-SOL,NRG 70 A16-14892-000 1 EA
VLV-CNTRL,HT,W/DUMP,+/-1DEG HDX 90554682 1 EA

Rear:
VLV-CNTRL,HT,W/DUMP,+/-1DEG HDX 90554682 2 EA

Given the last 6 of your VIN any Freightliner Parts Department should be able to verify the part numbers for your chassis.

As the owner you should be able to get access to DTNA Connect yourself. This will give you access to full parts diagrams/lists, wiring diagrams, etc. for your chassis. Give DTNA Support a call at 1-855-639-8680 and they should be able to tell you how to get access. (Btw, DTNA stands for Daimler Trucks North America)

You could also give FCCC (Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp) Customer Service a call at 1-800-385-4357 and they could probably help you out as well.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 08:48 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks so much Chris! When I bought my coach used about 4 years ago I tried signing up for DTNA Connect and for some reason I couldn't do it online even with providing them the info they needed. But it does remind me to try it again because it would be so helpful in times like this. I also tried contacting Freightliner Customer Service and they would only refer me to a local Freightliner Dealer. And of course they wouldn't give me the part number over the phone and needed me to come in to order. So after the run around I thought I would try here and I'm glad I did. Thanks for your help!
Old 01-11-2022, 11:28 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw2657 View Post
... I also tried contacting Freightliner Customer Service and they would only refer me to a local Freightliner Dealer. ...
Are you sure you contacted Freightliner Custom Chassis Customer Service and not just Freightliner (Truck) Customer Service? I'm very surprised that FCCC Customer Service would just refer you to a dealer.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 12:22 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Yes, I called them and then emailed and received the same response to contact my local dealer and they could help me source the part. (name remove to protect privacy

Email response from FCCC but phone response was exactly the same...
All you need to do is contact your local Freightliner dealer, give them the last 6 of your VIN, and they will have these part numbers, be able to provide you availability information, as well as sell you the part. With something as common as a leveling valve, it is likely they could have one on the shelf. To find your closest dealer, please visit fcccrv.com/parts-and-service/ and that is our dealer locator. Use a zip code or town name and it will give you the dealer along with contact information.
Have a great day.
Sincerely,

Service Administrator
FCCC Service