Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Running Gear, Axles, Brakes, Wheels and Tires
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-06-2021, 07:18 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

TPMS Repeater Installation?

The repeater dock needs to be powered with a 15 amp circuit protection between the dock and power supply. Can I use the wire that lead to the side marker? The side marker has been replaced with a Visionworks side marker/camera.

Thank you for any comment.
Medic366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 02:44 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

There are a lot of the important details left out so we have no real way to look at specs and see what's up.
The two big details that you will need to look over are what amount of power the repeater dock uses, not just what they spec for fuse but what it actually expected to use. Then the other point is how much power the side marker circuit which now has a camera on is using currently.

The idea is that some circuit do have some "slack" between what is actually being used and what the wiring and current fusing will support. If the existing side marker circuit is using 12 amp on a circuit rated and fused for 15, there is no way, you can get away with adding 15 amp more to that circuit, so it is a matter of seeing what's up now versus what amount you can add and still have enough slack to avoid blowing the fuse too often.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 04:26 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Many / most / all (?) of the TPMS repeaters and main monitors are 12VDC systems. Are you sure you need a 15 amp circuit?
Old 06-07-2021, 05:24 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

On Ours, we just bought a 12 VDC ac Adapter 1 amp and sliced in the Repeater to that and plug it into outlet next to bed on travel day and set it on the counter, then unplug and put away once landed
Old 06-07-2021, 08:11 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

I don't see how it can require 15A unless it's a humongous device.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 08:00 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I mounted mine above batteries and ran wires down into battery compartment and used alligator clips to connect. When not in use unhook clips. Don't remember what amp fuse it is using, but can't imagine any needing 15 amps.
Truckman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install