Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Running Gear, Axles, Brakes, Wheels and Tires
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-21-2021, 07:07 PM   #41
bkg
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRatt View Post

I'm just guessing that there must be professional units that i don't know how to find?

Any High End models come to mind?
Look at Doran
It can monitor up to 36 Tires (trucker version) and can be hardwired and permanently mounted.
Don't be fooled by the initial display on the product page; it can be customized.

Bobby
Old 07-21-2021, 07:38 PM   #42
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhannah View Post
I did, and I like it a lot. You'll have to write your own user manual, and throw away the one they provide!

There are lots of TPMS units that show all 6 wheels at once. All over Amazon at around $150.

And, as I say, the one I got is in color, and works great.

I agree with the OP that the big TPMS guys are kind of resting on their laurels with older tech.
As a long time Prime member I have done the Amazon Shuffle more than once trying products till i get a good one and returning the bad. Amazing has never refused a return for me in 20 years. And now, no need to even box them up, just hand the bag of crap to the Kohls clerk and you're done.

I'll look over those offerings too! I might get surprised!
DesertRatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 07:59 PM   #43
Winnebago Camper

TPMS

We have a 30’ Intent plus tow a Honda Fit & typically bicycles on a rack behind the coach. We purchased the TST TPMS with 10 sensors (dualies on the Intent rear axle). We are quite happy with it!!! Easy to install & accurate. It is a round robin display of the 10 tires but to other people’s point we check once on startup then wait for an alarm. Since it was originally made for long haul truckers, I feel it is at least as reliable as anything I need!
Fritos55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 09:15 PM   #44
1996 Itasca 29Q

TPMS

When I was looking for a TPMS I settled on the Innotech RV model, small footprint, adjustable alarm points and replaceable sensor batteries! Made in the USA!
Bobn1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 11:29 PM   #45
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
One of the "must haves" of your gold standard doesn't exist in the RV marketplace. The show-all-tires-at-the-same-time thing. You'll not find it on an aftermarket RV TPMS.
I recently purchased the TireMinder TPMS system and it does show up to 8 tires at once on the first screen, which would cover front, rear duallies and tag axle (if you have one) and has the ability to display up to 20 tires, using follow on screens. Plus it's a color monitor!
rcorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 09:50 AM   #46
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcorder View Post
Quote:
The show-all-tires-at-the-same-time thing. You'll not find it on an aftermarket RV TPMS.
I recently purchased the TireMinder TPMS system and it does show up to 8 tires at once on the first screen, which would cover front, rear duallies and tag axle (if you have one) and has the ability to display up to 20 tires, using follow on screens. Plus it's a color monitor!
I looked at their website and it shows a drawing of all 8 tires but only shows the pressure of one at a time.

The comment I made about it not being available was about there not being an aftermarket TPMS (not a vehicle OEM TPMS) that shows the PRESSURE of all tires at one time. Which is what the OP was looking for.

I think all RV TPMS systems show a drawing of all the tires but they scroll through each tire and show only the one PSI at a time.

Here's the Tireminder TPMS from their website - the pressure shown only pertains to the driver front tire that's highlighted. It scrolls through them one at a time:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 10.46.01 AM.png
Views:	57
Size:	183.9 KB
ID:	180277  
Old 07-22-2021, 01:43 PM   #47
Winnebago Owner

Here's the video by Tire Minder for the A1AS system which displays all tires at once. Looks like a nice system. I like the ability to cast the info to a phone also.

Old 07-22-2021, 02:06 PM   #48
Site Team

Why isn't that shown on the home page of their company's website? I didn't look deeper than the homepage - that should highlight the best they have to offer.
Old 07-22-2021, 02:23 PM   #49
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRatt View Post
Here's the video by Tire Minder for the A1AS system...
That looks like a very nice system for a variety of RVs. I think my ideal system would have a 2"x2" display with only four numbers like below. The temperatures these valve-cap units measure aren't really correct anyway, so no need to display them.

52 | 51
53 | 51

It is fun to watch the trends while running down the road. The sunny side will often read higher pressures. My passenger-side trailer tires even read higher pressures when my truck is doing a regen of the particulate filter.
Old 07-22-2021, 02:38 PM   #50
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Why isn't that shown on the home page of their company's website? I didn't look deeper than the homepage - that should highlight the best they have to offer.

Looks to me like a very small company. Maybe p one is available for frills like accurate web site.😎
Old 07-22-2021, 03:38 PM   #51
Winnebago Camper

Today I put on my cheapie China sensors and they work pretty good. ALL THE 6 TIRES SHOW PSI AT SAME TIME. I didn't have to cycle through any pages. I won't be running the rig down the road until Sunday.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/384149864471
Fotoguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 04:49 PM   #52
Winnebago Camper

https://www.minderresearch.com/produ...-tpms-a1as-10/
rcorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 05:40 PM   #53
Winnebago Camper

Here's a pic of my new sensors, they all read live when it's on. This after driving 20 miles I started with 82# all around cold (but it was 85f when I aired them) not sure why the left inner tire is low? And the R extra high..I'll pump it up next time I get near the air hose.
I'm satisfied for the cost, around $70 IIRC.

So when driving tires heat up, what is the proper temp and was I right to set pressure when cold? Or should I adjust them after driving?

Old 07-24-2021, 08:02 PM   #54
Winnebago Owner

Looks great!
Old 07-24-2021, 11:29 PM   #55
Winnie-Wise

Always set pressures cold, never adjust pressure after driving or during a travel day.

You are getting about the same gain I get on a 85 degree day, up from 82 psi.

The sensors go to sleep after not moving for a while, and they will read the same high psi the following morning as they did when you stopped, until they are wakened up.

To get a true reading in the morning you have to wait till you travelled a little, until the sensors wake up.

If you don't like this method, you can grab your dash unit before you leave camp and go around to each tire, take off a sensor, wait for that wheel to alarm low air, then screw it back on. Then it will show the correct psi. Plus you'll know the alarm works.

Those readings you have shown above show you which side of your rig was in the sun. Very common to have one side higher! Don't adjust pressures. For the tire with 77 psi, you either have a low tire, or a bad sensor - pressure shouldn't go down after driving.

It could just be the system already saved you a big hassle, if you find the inside dual has a slow leak!
Old 07-25-2021, 06:29 AM   #56
Winnebago Camper

Thankyou very much for the clear answer!
Old 07-25-2021, 09:37 AM   #57
Winnie-Wise

Quote:

The sensors go to sleep after not moving for a while, and they will read the same high psi the following morning as they did when you stopped, until they are wakened up.

To get a true reading in the morning you have to wait till you travelled a little, until the sensors wake up.
While this is true on internal valve stem systems, like the one on my truck, it is absolutely not true with screw-on sensors like the EEZTire. This is meant to extend battery life of the sensors, since the tire has to be broken down to replace the battery or sensor. I don't know if the batteries on my 2010 Dodge are even replaceable, but they still work fine.

When we're camping in the spring or at high altitude I have to remember to turn the EEZTire monitor off at night or it will start beeping at 4am when the temperature and/or pressure get low enough. That's because the sensors are transmitting in real time and not "sleeping". I can turn the monitor on even after weeks of being off and within about 10 minutes I'll have an accurate and current tire pressure reading on all the monitored tires.
Old 07-27-2021, 04:20 PM   #58
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyocamper View Post
While this is true on internal valve stem systems, like the one on my truck, it is absolutely not true with screw-on sensors like the EEZTire.
Sometimes it absolutely is true. I could have been more clear in my answer. The cheap Chinese systems like mine and the OP's turn off whenever not moving. (Yours is a much better brand.)

So some external sensors go to sleep and some don't sleep, depending on the brand.

Here is something else interesting. With my Toad (with China) sensors, I can drive the toad 100 miles away from the motorhome, and the motorhome display has no clue the toad and it's sensors are long gone. It continues to display the last pressure reported, with no indication that the sensors have been driven out of range. This is a real negative for these systems, in my opinion... But at least it does alarm very quickly when removing the cap and the pressure goes to zero.

I still like mine, even with its shortcomings... I like seeing all the tire pressures at once. Other people will feel differently, I'm sure.
Old 07-27-2021, 04:37 PM   #59
Winnebago Camper

I'm pretty sure the sending unit is always on but the receiver is what turns itself off after a certain time, a minute or two maybe.
Old 07-27-2021, 06:01 PM   #60
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Sometimes it absolutely is true. I could have been more clear in my answer. The cheap Chinese systems like mine and the OP's turn off whenever not moving. (Yours is a much better brand.)

So some external sensors go to sleep and some don't sleep, depending on the brand.

Ok, I stand corrected then. Very glad I didn't go cheap I guess.