Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Running Gear, Axles, Brakes, Wheels and Tires
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-28-2021, 06:45 AM   #61
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhannah View Post
...With my Toad (with China) sensors, I can drive the toad 100 miles away from the motorhome, and the motorhome display has no clue the toad and it's sensors are long gone. It continues to display the last pressure reported, with no indication that the sensors have been driven out of range. ....
My EEZ system does that too. I can drive away from the trailer at the storage yard and still have nice pressures being reported by the monitor when I get home.
Old 07-29-2021, 08:34 AM   #62
2004 Suncruiser

I have been pleased with the TireMinder tpms. It shows the 6 motorhome tires on one screen and the 4 toad on another screen and cycles through the two screens.
Jbcant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 01:41 PM   #63
Winnebago Camper

Just bought this same one

How hard was it to change the pressure to PSI (one I bought was Bar and I couldn't get it to switch). Also was it easy to put the sensors on the dually wheels? I might just have to take the beauty rings off to reach outside tire stem since it's inside this small circle and can't really reach it.

I just bought one. Any tips or tricks you can share? Any youtube video you found for it?

Thanks
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotoguzzi View Post
Here's a pic of my new sensors, they all read live when it's on. This after driving 20 miles I started with 82# all around cold (but it was 85f when I aired them) not sure why the left inner tire is low? And the R extra high..I'll pump it up next time I get near the air hose.
I'm satisfied for the cost, around $70 IIRC.

So when driving tires heat up, what is the proper temp and was I right to set pressure when cold? Or should I adjust them after driving?

mdntblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 02:56 PM   #64
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtrack15 View Post
My EEZ system does that too. I can drive away from the trailer at the storage yard and still have nice pressures being reported by the monitor when I get home.
This may be one of the small points to avoid on the cheaper options out there!

Consider WHY we want the TPMS and then think of what happens if something goes wrong. Say you hit a rock on the road and it knocks the sensor off the inside dual and you drive away with the sensor laying on the road and you are a half mile away and the system still says all is fine? Assume the valve stem is also gone!

A better system alerts you when it stops getting a signal from any of the sensors and you know to go look.

Basic point is that not all systems are the same and it is like lots of other stuff we shop for. Cheap is always good until it is no good at all!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 02:57 PM   #65
Winnebago Camper

Changing the sensor to PSI was easy once I figured out the right button to push on the side.
There was a sequence I think and I know the directions are vague at best. I just kept trying things till I figured it out. Sorry I don't have it anymore, got sold with theRV. And yes to get good access to the inner rear wheels I got some stiff not flexible extensions and then had to cut away from the beauty ring/wheel cover about an inch square just off one of the holes.
Old 11-04-2021, 06:31 PM   #66
Winnebago Owner

I finally purchased the TireMinder A1AS tpms. Will arrive tomorrow.
DesertRatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 02:05 PM   #67
Winnebago Owner

My TireMinder kit arrived today. One word----WOWZA! This kit is built in a SERIOUSLY deluxe way. As a purchaser of way too much electronic stuff over the years, I can say without doubt this is one of the most impressive (appearing) products I've ever bought.

Every part of the kit (and there are quite a few) is built to a gorgeous standard of quality and function. From the huge screen to the heavy duty mount, to the clever 12V/120V charger adapter, to the cords, cables, gauges, and other accessories, this has been seriously engineered. In my original post I was bemoaning what I considered a lack of up-to-date technology in many of the offerings I saw. This has surpassed my expectations for a well engineered product.

Well now, I hope it performs as well as it looks to be built!
Old 11-28-2021, 10:16 AM   #68
Winnebago Owner

Took me some time to get this installed as my rv was getting new upholstery and flooring.

Installation was fairly simple. The separate transmitter booster got bolted underneath the rear to the frame of my spare tire rack. That took about an hour to drill a few holes and tap into the wiring harness. Setting up the receiver and tire senders took another half hour. The software is well designed and easy to use. The receiver is mounted with Velcro on my dash and shows all 6 tires for either pressure or temperature.

Now, I'm worried about theft of my tire monitors!
Old 03-31-2023, 05:43 PM   #69
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
One of the "must haves" of your gold standard doesn't exist in the RV marketplace. The show-all-tires-at-the-same-time thing. You'll not find it on an aftermarket RV TPMS.

So, if that's a must have for you, you won't have a TPMS.

There are internal PSI sensors available for specific RVs that have TPMS built into their dashboards. But those are pretty much $500K and above coaches right now.

Color screens are now available and plenty of brands run on 12v power and not batteries. Though the sensors are all operated via a battery that lasts about one year.

I too use the EZZ TPMS. It's black and white, has a power plug and works good for me.

If I was replacing mine I'd look for a color screen, but that wouldn't be a deal breaker. The EZ is a bit slow picking up all 6-tires and some YouTubers say that some of the other brands are faster to do this. But I won't change until this one breaks.

No, your info is wrong. TireMinder A1AS displays all sensors' data on a color display, all the time. Is is most definitely an aftermarket TPMS for RV's (an truckers, I would say).
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 06:50 PM   #70
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBill View Post
No, your info is wrong. TireMinder A1AS displays all sensors' data on a color display, all the time. Is is most definitely an aftermarket TPMS for RV's (a truckers, I would say).
Yes, thanks. I made that post 2-years ago. Today, there are a number of companies offering that feature now. Sorry about that.
Old 03-31-2023, 08:20 PM   #71
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Yes, thanks. I made that post 2-years ago. Today, there are a number of companies offering that feature now. Sorry about that.
With egg on my face, I apologize.
I should have looked at the date on this thread, but I didn't.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 09:06 PM   #72
1996 Itasca 29Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobn1957 View Post
When I was looking for a TPMS I settled on the Innotech RV model, small footprint, adjustable alarm points and replaceable sensor batteries! Made in the USA!
After two years I couldn't be happier with my Innotech TPMS!
Bobn1957 is offline   Reply With Quote