Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2020, 09:10 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Totally Confused

My wife and I bought a 2010 WB Aspect 28B a few months ago, and spent the last few months learning about all the various systems, fixing a few minor issues and taking it out as weekend warriors as shakedown trips to ensure we know how to operate everything. At this point, I believe everything works as designed and we're ready to go on longer trips.

We love this Winnebago RV! It's everything we wanted and more. However there's one system I'm totally confused about. It's the HWH Computer-Controlled 625 Series Leveling System. Now, I'd like to think that I'm a pretty intelligent guy; that I can look under the RV and literally see a hydraulic level jack on each corner of the RV, right beside each wheel. With this being the case, why is the HWH control panel set up like the attachment? The jack controls aren't in the corners where you would expect them, but in the top, bottom, left and right positions of the RV. When you try to adjust one corner manually, a single control adjusts two jacks, which affects another corner throwing it off level.
Now common sense and logic says that if the front left corner is low, the automatic mode would raise that jack by itself until it's level. But no, it raises both rear jacks and then both front jacks and then plays bounce around while it tries to find something relatively close to level (never happens). Meanwhile, nearly all the jacks are maxed out (and yes, raising wheels off the ground) when a few of them didn't need to be engaged at all. In addition, the up and down controls seem to be switched. I want a jack to go up and it goes down (yes, they designed it from the RVs position, not the jacks).

I really wish I was in the room when HWH designed this system and programmed that computer. It just doesn't make sense. Anyone else have this issue or is it just me?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HWH 625.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	175305  
JDHarrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 04:22 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

The reason the system will not let you adjust one jack is there will be a good chance of twisting the frame, etc.

I have found the auto leveling system (i have the same as you) is not the best at least in my age of coach. If we use the auto function there are more times than not it raises the wheels off the ground. I am to lazy to find a level flat place to recalibrate the system.

We have come to the fact the manual is just as easy with a level on the floor. I start with the front putting both down and raising the frame just a little, then the rear. Once all four are down the level will let us know which way to go. I really can not figure out how you can tell one corner has to be raised.

It does take some time to figure out that the control arrows really do go the correct way.
be happy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 09:34 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Appreciate the info. Never thought of the frame twisting. Makes sense I guess but would think the chassis frame would be an I-beam of some sort. Anyway, I'm using a LevelMatePro system that seems to be accurate to within a 1/4". I don't try to get anywhere near that precise. Guess I'll continue to try and level the RV manually. :-)
JDHarrin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse